Author Topic: Europe Tier-4 systems progress superthread (UNECE)  (Read 128120 times)

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 04:44:01 pm
Re: Europe Tier-4 systems progress superthread (UNECE)
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2017, 12:21:34 pm »
I see that nobody is in charge of itass. Do you want me to take care of it?

Geduld!* Maintenance is done by region not by system. Si is responsible for Italy. He should usually start drafting itass one day. I guess he still has a lot of other systems started and don't wanna interupt that work?!

It's generally not favored that a new contributor starts drafting a system. See "How to Participate" on the start page.

We had a similar situation with espn earlier this year. I've drafted the system (because I wanted to travel Spain in May) but Si is still responsible for maintenance. Pepe helped by checking Google Street View if the routes are really signed in the field.

I'd love to have itass drafted because I also have some mileage there but I'm quite busy with Belgium Route Nationale / Gewestwegen which is also a tier 4 system (= similar priority). In addition, I've started to draft the German Landesstraßen system and Norway Primære Fylkesveier.

If Si doesn't want to start itass "soon" (this year?) you could help like Pepe did and check GSV and I could draft the system. You could directly start reporting in the itass thread where each route begins and ends and I could start drafting the routes approximately in September when beln is done.

*When I was in Torino for the first time, I made a workshop with my Italian colleague. Unfortunately our software wasn't stable and crashed quite often. I was impatient and always wanted to kill the process but Guiseppe said that our software sometimes needs more time and he told me a new "Italian" word: Geduld! :D

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:42:46 pm
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2017, 06:23:51 am »
I'm aiming to make a start on itass some point this week.

Offline Spinoza

• Last Login:January 24, 2024, 04:46:23 am
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2017, 10:20:29 am »
I didn't know that. I didn't mean to put any pressure :)

If you ever need me, just ask :)

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2017, 03:51:19 pm »
grceo - Greece Ethniki Odos (si404)

Started.

rusr - Russia Regional Roads (system not fully signed until 2018) (si404)
rusa - Russia Access Roads (system not fully signed until 2018) (si404)

I guess Si will draft the remaining routes in 2018 or once GSV is updated?
These are in the same situation of me just not caring enough to do further work on it. Maybe they'll get done next year, but something would need to change. It would be less annoying if there was a Latin-alphabet open-source tile-mapping (like MQ Open Data) that I could use. Greece is a higher priority than Russia.

Here Maps uses Latin-alphabet and minimum the Greek and Russian village names are shown. You might draft the routes in the wpt editor with numbers and load them in the TM HB with Here Maps layer.... Still painful but better than now...

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2017, 04:23:56 pm »
That sounds like far more hard work than transliteration, which I can do with Greek and Cyrillic reasonably quickly (especially once I get into it).

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2018, 06:21:02 am »
With the next pull request from my branch, grceo will be available to preview!

Three systems left to get to that level - turd, cypd (Northern Cyprus D roads, which I discovered recently on OSM, despite them being 5 years old. Scant information on it though*) and rusr.

And four to get from preview active - beln (any reason why this hasn't?), itass (renationalisation of many routes as well as various other issues at play), grceo and rusa.

If we ignore the Eurasian countries, that's all at preview, and just three not active.  8)

*There might be a Uzbekistani post-soviet system, but I similarly can't much info, and it seems to be concurrent with the residual soviet systems.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2018, 02:26:02 pm »
With the next pull request from my branch, grceo will be available to preview!

Cool, panda80 has recently asked about it and I also plan to visit Greece next spring... :)

And four to get from preview active - beln (any reason why this hasn't?)

You've peer-reviewed 800s and 900s but N1-N799 are still open. And I've decided to add routes which might be unsigned (I couldn't find any evidence when drafting the routes) but are confirmed by GM and OSM, see readme. If you wanna complete the peer-review I could add the routes beforehand, maybe by late December after activating deubyst and czeii. Just let me know...

itass (renationalisation of many routes as well as various other issues at play), grceo and rusa.

I don't plan to visit Russia (I'd love to do but not by car from home - not anytime "soon") but I'll plan to take the ferry from southern Italy to Greece and I'd like to catch up as much as possible in Italy too :) No pressure though  8)

Is any of your systems (European prefered) ready for peer-review?

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2019, 01:19:59 pm »
Names of reviewers added.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2019, 03:52:06 am »
With activation of the Turkey Devlet Yolları system (thanks to panda80 for developing and si404 for reviewing), only Italy Strada Statale, Northern Cyprus and some former soviet region systems are left in UNECE-route-countries*

*UNECE countries is not correct since USA, Canada and others are also UNECE members (United Nations Economic Commission for Europe)

cypd - Cyprus Devlet Yolları (introduced to northern Cyprus in 2013, not much information about it)
itass - Italy Strada Statale (si404) reviewer: michih
rusr - Russia Regional Roads (si404)
rusa - Russia Access Roads (si404)
uzbn - Uzbekistan ??? (https://orexca.com/rus/uzbekistan_roads.shtml)

btw: The link to the Usbek road list is dead.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2020, 05:04:51 pm »
finvt - Finland Valtatiet
finkt - Finland Kantatiet

Why are both tier 4 now?
And what's different for Åland?

Code: [Select]
finvt;FIN;Finland Valtatiet;lightsalmon;4;active
alavt;FIN;Åland Valtatiet;lightsalmon;4;active
finkt;FIN;Finland Kantatiet;yellow;4;active
alakt;FIN;Åland Kantatiet;yellow;5;active
finst;FIN;Finland Seututiet (outlined - temp preview to fix active routes);brown;5;preview

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2020, 12:41:04 pm »
Why are both tier 4 now?
To make way for the true Tier 5 system - finst.

An equivalent would be Ireland where routes 1-50 are National Primary, and 51-99 are National Secondary (though the distinction, unlike Finland, isn't signed) and 100-999 are Regional.

Valtatiet (1-39, white on red) are National Roads / Staatsstraßen
Kantatiet (40-99, black on yellow) are Main Roads / Hauptstraße
Seututiet (100-999, black on white) are Regional Roads / Regionalstraßen

While they are two different systems, they are both of tier 4 level.
And what's different for Åland?
The second tier roads are much less important than on the mainland.

Their system names are different, which I'll fix (might go with Swedish names, rather than the Finnish names I give - more research needed as of now).
1-digit roads (Päätie) have their mainland equivalent as Valtatiet (though are probably the equivalent of Kantatiet in importance) - white on red
2-digit roads (Tie) have their mainland equivalent as Yhdystie (though are probably the equivalent of Seututiet in importance) - white on blue

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #87 on: December 26, 2020, 03:48:57 am »
List of not yet active tier 4 systems in Europe:

bihm - Bosnia and Herzegovina Magistralni Put (si404) reviewer: t.b.d. (system in place, but then Republic Srpska went and renumbered all their roads)
itass - Italy Strada Statale (si404) reviewer: michih (many routes were transferred back to ANAS; system must be reworked)
rusr - Russia Regional Roads (si404) reviewer: t.b.d.
rusa - Russia Access Roads (si404) reviewer: t.b.d.
uzbn - Uzbekistan ??? (https://orexca.com/rus/uzbekistan_roads.shtml)

I have added a note to Italy and just realized that si404 asked for another peer-review for BIH. I think it is not necessary to perform a full review, is it? I think drafting the bihr tier 5 system down the road is also kinda review. We might add a note that the system is not yet fully signed?

I think Russia and Uzbekistan are low priority - we focus on regions where we have most TM travelers.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 04:57:48 am by michih »