Highway Data Discussion > Solved Highway data updates

QC: Autoroute 19

(1/4) > >>

vdeane:
I was looking over the Québec Atlas des transports and it has A-19 ending at the BoulHenBou point; the rest of it to A-40 is labeled as reference route 61190.  Signage in the field matches this.

oscar:
Thanks, especially for the link to Atlas des Transports, which looks like a useful resource I'll have to play with when I have more time.

Changes to A-19 made in my local files. In my queue to be pulled in along with some non-Quebec changes.

oscar:
A-19 edited, in the HB.

I've started looking at other Autoroutes supposedly with urban at-grade intersections, to see if Transports Quebec is truncating Autoroutes to remove those intersections. It looks like that happened with A-740 in Quebec city, with its south end crossing the Laval University campus. The Atlas des Transports and GMSV show that A-740's south end is at Boul. Hochelaga, one block north of QC 175 where the HB now has the south end.

The A-740 point on QC 175 would need to be renamed, probably to AutRobBou since the street name at the QC 175 intersection seems to be Autoroute Robert-Bourassa (who, BTW, is unrelated to Henri Bourassa) even if it's not part of A-740 at QC 175.

I'll keep looking for more needed changes, before pulling in changes to A-740 and QC 175.

vdeane:
That reminds me, I forgot to mention A-10.  The surface roads where the viaduct was removed are part of reference route 60110, with A-10 starting at Rue Wellington.

oscar:

--- Quote from: vdeane on July 24, 2019, 08:47:22 pm ---That reminds me, I forgot to mention A-10.  The surface roads where the viaduct was removed are part of reference route 60110, with A-10 starting at Rue Wellington.
--- End quote ---

What about the tunnels and ramps between A-720 and the removed viaduct, that seem to have once been part of A-10? Those seem to be part of an Autoroute, but I can't tell whether it is A-10 (which would mean a route split) or A-720 (which is doomed as an Autoroute, anyway).

Also, I couldn't find an I-10 Fin sign in GMSV to visually confirm the truncation, as we found for A-19 and A-740. Maybe too soon after demolition of the viaduct, for such signage to be erected or to show up in GMSV.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version