Author Topic: Waukesha WI West Bypass Outlook  (Read 2884 times)

Offline SSOWorld

• Last Login:March 17, 2024, 04:04:24 pm
Waukesha WI West Bypass Outlook
« on: December 03, 2017, 05:51:31 pm »
https://projects.511wi.gov/westwaukeshabypass/wp-content/uploads/sites/319/170615_West-Waukesha-Bypass-Project-Overview.pdf

Though the above link did not confirm it, apparently this or a route nearby may be designated as WIS 318.  The route linked above is CTH TT from I-94 south to CTH D plus new ROW to WIS 59.  The city and state are splitting costs on it and it relates to a "TEMP US 18" which was added along WIS 83 and I-94 to attempt to reroute US-18 traffic around the project.

(For facebook users - this was posted to the "Traffic Signals and Highway Signs" group, and the camera looks to be facing northeast at the interchange of I-94 and CTH G which happens to be the northern end of the project. 

General location of the sign

Until WisDOT confirms this - I would hesitate to have the route added.
Completed:
* Systems: DC, WI
* by US State: AR: I&; AZ: I; DE: I; DC: I, US, DC; IL: I; IN: I*; IA: I, KS: I; MD: I, MA: I, MI: I; MN: I; MO: I*; NE: I; NJ, I; OH: I; RI: I; SD: I; WA: I; WV: I; WI: I,US,WI; (AR, IN pending expansions.)

*Previously completed

Offline Ib3kii

• Milwaukeye
  • Last Login:January 12, 2023, 02:02:21 pm
  • I want to be the first one to collect them all!
    • Travel Mapping User Page
Re: Waukesha WI West Bypass Outlook
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 10:25:23 am »
The Waukesha West Bypass is nothing new. They have been planning to add it since at least the early 90's. I would definitely hold on to any updating until they actually build the bypass.
-The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step... on the gas.

Offline SSOWorld

• Last Login:March 17, 2024, 04:04:24 pm
Re: Waukesha WI West Bypass Outlook
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 11:59:17 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/catofdar/media_set?set=a.10107713138610277.1073741839.8634350&type=3

For those that can see - Chris Lokken drove the short distance of the recenly signed (partially) WIS-318 which spans from I-94 south to US-18.  Not all signs are up, but it's clear what the current route is.  The album is only visible to his FB Friends though. 

I intend to do the drive myself, but the photos are a start.
Completed:
* Systems: DC, WI
* by US State: AR: I&; AZ: I; DE: I; DC: I, US, DC; IL: I; IN: I*; IA: I, KS: I; MD: I, MA: I, MI: I; MN: I; MO: I*; NE: I; NJ, I; OH: I; RI: I; SD: I; WA: I; WV: I; WI: I,US,WI; (AR, IN pending expansions.)

*Previously completed