Author Topic: Glitches with some routes on the clinched page  (Read 3239 times)

Offline mariethefoxy

• Last Login:November 07, 2017, 03:52:41 pm
Glitches with some routes on the clinched page
« on: July 24, 2017, 09:59:21 pm »
I found a few glitches on the clinched page. First glitch, despite my log file saying so, I-395 in Massachusetts does not show up on the list, and I checked and made sure the waypoints were spelled right and they are.

Second glitch is the NY 17 Binghampton section does not show up, my log file has NY17Bin and it links to the Western NY 17 route which I  havent been on.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
Re: Glitches with some routes on the clinched page
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 11:24:35 pm »
First glitch, despite my log file saying so, I-395 in Massachusetts does not show up on the list, and I checked and made sure the waypoints were spelled right and they are.
Do you mean this "clinched page"?
I see that a shield for MA I-395 is indeed missing. There is one for CT I-395, however, which is part of the same "connected route".
This would make sense for multi-region connected routes; it looks like the shield just links to the HB map for the first region the connected route passes through. For example, I've clinched all of I-90; my I-90 shield only links to the Washington segment.

Second glitch is the NY 17 Binghampton section does not show up, my log file has NY17Bin and it links to the Western NY 17 route which I  havent been on.
Not sure what you're referencing in this case. This wouldn't show up on shields/clinched.php, as it's not a 100% clinched route. Not sure what would be linking to (the western) NY17 proper -- got a link?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 11:27:12 pm by yakra »
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline mariethefoxy

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 12:00:38 am »
http://tm.teresco.org/shields/clinched.php?units=miles&u=mariethefoxy&cort=traveled its the Traveled part, not the clinched part as I havent been on the entire Route 17.

It links to NY 17 but thats the western half, my log only has the info for NY 17Bin which is the Binghampton to Thruway section.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 12:35:04 am »
Ah, OK, I get it.
The issue is Connected Routes again in this case; think of it like my I-90 example.
NY NY17 + PA NY17SWa + NY NY17Bin are all one connected route. The shield image links to the first of its segments, that being NY NY17 proper.

CHM's solution (though a little bit clunky for routes in a single region) was less confusing...
From my Top Highway Stats page, if I click on the I-90 shield, I'm taken to a page that breaks I-90 down sections for each region it passes thru, with links to the HB for each of these.
Might be something worth exploring...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 12:39:32 am by yakra »

Offline mariethefoxy

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 02:12:44 am »
oh there we go, I got confused since the thing linked two 878s and two 24s but then i remembered those sections arent connected to eachother