Web Design Discussion > General Web Design Discussion

Better edge/connection popups

(1/7) > >>

Jim:
I've worked some today on improving the popups that appear when you click on an edge/connection on a map.  Much of it has so far been deciphering and streamlining some of the existing code.  Nothing should have changed in HDX, but in the HB and on Mapview, you should now be able to get at least some meaningful and hopefully correct information.

Try out this version by going to any of the maps from the tmtest.teresco.org instance of the site.

Relevant issue: https://github.com/TravelMapping/Web/issues/228

mapcat:
Great new feature! The only odd behavior I've noticed so far is that occasionally the map shifts seemingly randomly after clicking on a segment. I.e., clicking on a segment in the center of the map may result in that segment moving to the edge of the map when the popup appears.

Edit: Eric mentioned the same behavior in the issue comments.

michih:
Thanks :) In HB, the units conversion doesn't apply to the popup. The number of positions after decimal point should be identical on the site (2 vs. 4)

CharlotteAllisonCDTG:
I went to the test web address.  Since I live just off GA 223 in Grovetown, Georgia, I looked at that page.  When I clicked on it, the map showed a spot in the Albany, NY area!  When I clicked on the junctions on the left side of the page, the map jumped to the correct area.  However, the junctions don't have any markers to click on.  Therefore, I can't test this feature out.   :-[

michih:
Same here. No graph at all. Anything must have been changed in the last 2 hours.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version