Author Topic: PE: PE22 point request, notes on PE 112 and PE 236  (Read 1673 times)

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:10:15 pm
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
PE: PE22 point request, notes on PE 112 and PE 236
« on: October 25, 2019, 12:08:58 am »
I'd like a point added to PE 22, for Joeys Road. My drive north on PE 22 was blocked by a road closure, and I was detoured on Joeys Rd. over to PE 214 (which already has its own JoeRd point). The Joeys Rd./PE 22 intersection is more than three miles from PE320_S, and about 1.4 mile from PE21.

I drove all of what the HB shows as PE 236. Alas, I saw no PE 236 signage on the route going northbound out of downtown. The only PE 236 marker I saw was a "To PE 236" marker in downtown Charlottetown, from what appears from remnant signage to be old TCH 1 and PE 2 routings. The provincial highway map says PE 236 still exists, but apparently not south of current TCH 1 (Charlottetown Bypass).

On my way out of PEI, I drove past what the HB shows as an oddball endpoint for PE 112, which supposedly ends at a one-way ramp from PE 1A eastbound to TCH 1 toward the Confederation Bridge. No signs indicating that PE 112 connected to that ramp, raising doubt whether PE 112 extends that far east.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 07:27:00 pm by yakra »

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
Re: PE: PE22 point request, notes on PE 112 and PE 236
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 07:26:43 pm »
I'd like a point added to PE 22, for Joeys Road. My drive north on PE 22 was blocked by a road closure, and I was detoured on Joeys Rd. over to PE 214 (which already has its own JoeRd point). The Joeys Rd./PE 22 intersection is more than three miles from PE320_S, and about 1.4 mile from PE21.
https://github.com/yakra/HighwayData/commit/00121b1def70c0a8caec66f09d3f6fda3564abe3

On my way out of PEI, I drove past what the HB shows as an oddball endpoint for PE 112, which supposedly ends at a one-way ramp from PE 1A eastbound to TCH 1 toward the Confederation Bridge. No signs indicating that PE 112 connected to that ramp, raising doubt whether PE 112 extends that far east.
Signage in this part (as in many parts) of the Island is lacking... At PE118, there's only a reassurance shield marking the beginning of PE118 itself. For the PE115 junction, the only signage is on WB PE112. This is what the shapefiles show, so lacking any better info I'll keep as-is.
Map 20 of the 2014 Provincial Road Atlas agrees.

I drove all of what the HB shows as PE 236. Alas, I saw no PE 236 signage on the route going northbound out of downtown. The only PE 236 marker I saw was a "To PE 236" marker in downtown Charlottetown, from what appears from remnant signage to be old TCH 1 and PE 2 routings. The provincial highway map says PE 236 still exists, but apparently not south of current TCH 1 (Charlottetown Bypass).
An odd case, this. All shapefiles back to the oldest version I have show the S end at RoyRd. Map 27 or the Road Atlas agrees. I added in the extension based on... probably what I saw in GMSV. Any other factors or sources are lost to the mists of time, with the dead link on credits.php & demise of the old forum.
Unsure where exactly you're referring to by "downtown".
What I can find for old TCH 1 and PE 2 routings: https://www.mytopo.com/maps/?lat=46.2464&lon=-63.12958&z=13
Signage near old TCH 1.
For PE 2, all I found is what looks like a trailblazer with a missing TO, as PE 2 itself would have been farther east on University.
END.
Nothing with a TO. What else did you see? Is any of the signage I linked no longer there?
What provincial highway map did you refer to; paper copy? Roughly the same as what I linked above?

Remnant signage is a possibility here.
OTOH, there are plenty of "indetermini" around the island, enough disagreements between what's signed & what's on paper, to make things dodgy in places.
I twiddled with several endpoints a few years back, not 100% confident in doing so. Maybea fresh look at things compared to the Road Atlas could...
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca