Web Design Discussion > General Web Design Discussion

HDX loading traveled graphs

(1/5) > >>

Jim:
I was able to complete the first steps toward using traveled graphs in HDX.  If you load a traveled format graph instead of the previous collapsed or simple, it will color edges based on the number of travelers rather than the number of concurrent routes.  I have some ideas of how to make this better, but I'm happy to hear yours.

Jim:
In the test HDX version, I'm experimenting with special colors for untraveled edges (gray) and edges with just a single traveler (green), with everything else on the blue-purple-red scale from 2 to max.

http://courses.teresco.org/metal/hdxtmtest/

michih:

--- Quote from: Jim on May 10, 2019, 11:02:50 pm ---I have some ideas of how to make this better, but I'm happy to hear yours.
--- End quote ---

Ok ;)

Green looks "more important" than (bright) blue. I'd prefer having colors used as for concurrent routes (blue = 1, green = 2,...).

The other issues are not just traveled graphs related but also general:
First, color legend would help because I'm not sure about the blue colors, e.g. "bright blue" looks similar to grey.
My most desired feature is hiding markers. It's generally important to be able to analyze graphs when being zoomed-out to get findings and zoom-in there only.
And of course, infowindow. For instance, I could easily find out who's the traveler, I could know that I can even change wp label in use, if it's just in use by me.

In general, HDX still has the known behavior, for instance, as mentioned here.

Jim:
I would like to highlight the 1 traveler case as special, as I think it's a TM accomplishment to be the only traveler on a segment, though green might not be the best choice.

I've added edge popups to the http://courses.teresco.org/metal/hdxtmtest/ version this morning.  I don't know why the earlier functionality (same info, minus travelers) got removed.  I'll need to do some testing to see if this plays nicely with other file formats and with algorithm visualizations.

michih:

--- Quote from: Jim on May 11, 2019, 10:11:11 am ---I would like to highlight the 1 traveler case as special, as I think it's a TM accomplishment to be the only traveler on a segment, though green might not be the best choice.
--- End quote ---

Black? Gold?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version