Author Topic: My MB 45 clinch only shows up on the map, but no where else?  (Read 5093 times)

Offline 7/8

• Last Login:January 27, 2024, 09:32:10 pm
This is the first time I've noticed this problem. MB 45 shows on my Manitoba map as being completed. However, my mileage is listed as 0.0 miles, the MB 45 page says that there are 0 drivers, and MB 45 isn't listed on my list of clinches. How could it show up on the map, but no where else? I think my list file was entered correctly:
Code: [Select]
MB MB45 MB16/83 MB10
Does anyone know what's going on here? Thanks.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
Re: My MB 45 clinch only shows up on the map, but no where else?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 11:50:12 pm »
Weird. Jim, any ideas?
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 09:24:33 am
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 12:09:11 am »
I have similar issues, not just for MB 45, but also at least MB 30, MB 44, and MB 67, which are some of the higher-numbered routes I've clinched. It seems to affect all routes 25 or higher, and few or none with lower numbers, with some exceptions such as MB 75, MB 83, and MB 101 (which, coincidentally or not, started off in the cansph set). So it's not just 7/8, or MB 45.

In addition to the problems 7/8 reported, the affected routes don't show up in my log file. I haven't yet tried to check (too tired right now) whether my mileage from the "missing" routes is omitted from my MB total, or whether the total mileage for those routes is left out of the total for all MB routes.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 12:13:00 am by oscar »

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 02:09:10 pm
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 06:31:31 am »
Nothing obvious I can see, but I'll track it down next week.  It would help if I can get further reports of similar problems in canmb or other systems.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 10:51:44 am »
The first thing I plan to try is to move canmb to an earlier place in the systems.csv file.  This will happen on the next site update, but shouldn't affect end users unless it just moves whatever bug this is into a different system.  If that doesn't give a clue, I'll probably revive the old test version of the DB and load up just canmb for debugging, but it will be a few days before I can do that.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 09:50:49 pm »
canmb_con.csv is missing many entries.  That seems to be the cause.  I am not sure how that slipped past my checks in the site update process.  Usually I get errors when there's anything in a main csv that doesn't have a corresponding entry in a _con.csv.  I'll leave it to canmb's developers to fix up that file.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 01:15:23 am »
canmb_con.csv is missing many entries.
Skimming the thread right now before a full read-thru. If nothing else, I'll have to look into this.

Edit: The commit summaries are making it obvious even before I load the files... :\
canmb.csv    canmb batch 5: _systems
canmb_con.csv    canmb batch 4: _systems
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 01:20:35 am by yakra »
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++

Offline 7/8

• Last Login:January 27, 2024, 09:32:10 pm
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2017, 12:22:04 pm »
I'm not sure if you guys still have more work to do on your end, but the three issues I mentioned seem to be fixed so I'm happy. I'm a bit disappointed though to find out I'm not the only one to clinch MB 45 (I should have known Oscar would've clinched that first ;)).

Thanks everyone!

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 01:39:17 pm »
Thanks for the catch on the error.  I am happy to see it was resolved with the csv fix, as that's a lot easier than a code fix in the site update process.  I'll be putting in a check to make sure we don't have other similar situations (I'd be amazed if a few haven't snuck through) once I get my hands in the code in the next week or so.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 05:12:13 pm »
I'll be putting in a check to make sure we don't have other similar situations
Done: http://tm.teresco.org/forum/index.php?topic=2016

Marking this thread as solved.