User Discussions > Other Discussion

Inline commenting on *.list files

(1/2) > >>

SSOWorld:
I know this is a feature not many would use but does the parser handle inline commenting?

ex:

--- Code: ---IL I-90 WI/IL I-294  #NW Tollway
--- End code ---

Just putting my $.02 out there.

Jim:

--- Quote from: SSOWorld on December 01, 2016, 10:25:22 am ---I know this is a feature not many would use but does the parser handle inline commenting?

ex:

--- Code: ---IL I-90 WI/IL I-294  #NW Tollway
--- End code ---

Just putting my $.02 out there.

--- End quote ---

Not at this time.  Any line that doesn't split into 4 space-separated fields generates an "Incorrect format line" message in your log file and is otherwise ignored.  However, full-line comments are supported.  Any line in a .list that begins with # is silently ignored.

SSOWorld:
Understood. 

I won't stress over this one.  Would be a nice enhancement, but the full-line does the job. 8)

Jim:

--- Quote from: SSOWorld on December 01, 2016, 11:50:00 am ---Understood. 

I won't stress over this one.  Would be a nice enhancement, but the full-line does the job. 8)

--- End quote ---

OK, good.  It would be trivial to add to the code, and my only reason not to do so is that I hesitate to add another operation to the processing of the 180,000 lines of list file entries.  Some time, I'll see how much longer that would take.  It might not be bad, especially if I stripped out comments as a preprocessing step.

rschen7754:
I would appreciate it too, so that I don't second-guess myself if I don't remember why a line is there.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version