Author Topic: NM: NM497 is signed in Deming  (Read 2588 times)

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:14:53 pm
NM: NM497 is signed in Deming
« on: October 14, 2018, 10:43:17 pm »
Part of my day today was spending a half hour or so poking around the Deming area.  I discovered that NM 497 (along S. 8th) is well signed, both from the I-10 BL and where it crosses NM 427.

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:36:37 am
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
Re: NM: NM497 is signed in Deming
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 12:37:00 am »
Yeah, I've seen that signage during multiple visits to Deming (it's near a favorite hot springs resort), and flagged it as an issue before I took over usanm. Problem is that NM 497 doesn't appear in the official route definitions, and hasn't for a long time. I wrote it off, and would continue to do so, as yet another case of goofy NMDOT route signage. Deming seems to have a lot of it, including remnant US 70 and US 80 route signage on the I-10 business loop (US 70 officially follows I-10 through Deming, and US 80 has long been truncated to Dallas TX).

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 09:30:19 am »
Fine with me to leave it out.  I was just surprised to run across it as I figured I'd looked into how best to hit a few routes there on my brief tour of the local area.

I'm happy to add those couple of other point requests myself if you prefer.  I've got some airport and airplane time today.

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:36:37 am
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 12:01:58 pm »
I'm happy to add those couple of other point requests myself if you prefer.  I've got some airport and airplane time today.

I've edited (but not pulled in) NM 163 already, and made changes in addition to the LueMtnAcc point. So let me take care of that route file. The others, go ahead.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 08:34:49 am »
I'm thinking the NM 500 shield on the exit sign at I-40 Exit 149 is a similar situation of sloppy signage.  I saw no indication of NM 500 when I got to the top of the ramp.  I went north on Atrisco Vista Blvd from there, so I don't know at what point any signs might point to the piece of NM 500 we have in TM further to the southeast.  There was certainly no signage on Atrisco Vista Blvd for any state route until it becomes Paseo Del Norte Blvd.  Our western end there lines up nicely with the first NM 423 sign.