Highway Data Discussion > Solved Highway data updates

AASHTO 2018 Meeting Route Numbering Applications

(1/4) > >>

si404:
Applications have been posted (thanks, rschen7754)

* AR US167 Business (recognise Thornton route - this is a repeat of the rejected Spring application seemingly without addressing why it was rejected!) - this is in the browser
* IA US61 (relocation due to upgrade at Grandview that opened in December) - this is in the browser
* IA US65 (relocation due to rebuilt junction with IA117 and IA330) - not yet open
* MO US24 (relocation between I-70 and I-435 in urban Kansas City)
* NC US74 Bypass (recognise 18.72 miles in Union County: e of I-485 to w of Marshville) - not yet open
* NC I-295 (establish in Cumberland County between SR 1007) and I-95)
* NC I-295 Future (establish between I-95 in Robeson County and US 401 in Cumberland County) - not yet open

Highway63:
Dammit, there goes my clinch of US 24 in Missouri (and, wider, Topeka to Toledo). But that doesn't say HOW it's going to be rerouted. Existing routes would have to be either I-70 or MO 210, both of which are going to create a visibly stupid routing. And since Kansas isn't involved, that precludes moving US 24 onto I-670 as well. The least horrible alternative from a map persepctive would be to reroute 24 over Front Street, where MoDOT has a SPUI at 29/35 and brand new DDI at 435, but that would require taking over the street. (And while they're at it, maybe put MO 12 out of its misery in Independence. OTOH, maybe it's the only state highway intended to serve a National Historic Site.)

IA US 65: Later this fall. Related story for those interested. What I could do is leave "IA117/330" where it is  - it's still on the route, it just has to be made a closed point - and make the new spot "IA330_N". Would that be acceptable, or do I need to move the label to the new interchange? The northern tip of IA 117 is going to change as well.

NC I-295: I appreciate that at least this route is following planned convention with the idea of making it a complete loop, but just a look at the map/satellite makes me wonder where the heck they're going to put it.

rickmastfan67:

--- Quote from: Highway63 on September 20, 2018, 11:51:11 pm ---Dammit, there goes my clinch of US 24 in Missouri (and, wider, Topeka to Toledo). But that doesn't say HOW it's going to be rerouted.
--- End quote ---

https://route.transportation.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/50/2018/09/ALL-USRN-Applications-MO-OH-Annual-Meeting-2018.pdf

& here's the link to the other applications: https://route.transportation.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/50/2018/09/ALL-USRN-Applications-AR-IA-Annual-Meeting-2018.pdf

oscar:

--- Quote from: Highway63 on September 20, 2018, 11:51:11 pm ---Dammit, there goes my clinch of US 24 in Missouri (and, wider, Topeka to Toledo). But that doesn't say HOW it's going to be rerouted.
--- End quote ---

I had that concern as well, for my clinch from Colorado to Detroit. But the application makes clear that the new route will follow I-70 and I-435, both of which I've clinched (even if I probably haven't made the movements between US 24 and I-435, and I-435 and I-70).

Highway63:
Ah, I just found the files linked to above. Five extra miles. Let's all be stupid forever. :P

I don't expect this to be done when I go to KC in a week, and besides, I'm going on the other side of the city to check the new 35/69 Liberty exit and the new US 69 Missouri River bridge. (All this and 69 STILL follows that convoluted route between MO 283 and the state line.) But that does leave the question of when I should change it though. I've done the interstates but I feel it's not quite a clinch if it's not signed, though I'm probably going to have to let this be.

The good thing is, Missouri is pretty good at signing US routes when they hop onto interstates. Don't know what they'll put up for Exit 2H - good luck cramming "Independence Ave" in the "East 24" space.

When AASHTO lets each of us be grand poobah for a day it'll be hard for me to decide whether to impose my will on the KC metro area or North Carolina first. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version