Web Design Discussion > General Web Design Discussion

Kentucky state route map error

(1/4) > >>

osu-lsu:
Maybe its just me, but when I attempt to view the map with entire Kentucky route system (state, US, and Interstate), my web browser wheel spins, but no images come up.
I don't want to have to go to the HB table for this state to track down routes I need to add/edit, if I can help it.

Jim:

--- Quote from: osu-lsu on September 14, 2018, 09:36:55 am ---Maybe its just me, but when I attempt to view the map with entire Kentucky route system (state, US, and Interstate), my web browser wheel spins, but no images come up.
I don't want to have to go to the HB table for this state to track down routes I need to add/edit, if I can help it.

--- End quote ---

That's a very memory intensive map to bring up.  It really depends on having a browser with lots of memory available to it, and some good hardware graphics acceleration for the Leaflet maps to use.

michih:
However, mapview is real muuuuuuch slower than before the last Modifikation - After moving to leaflet when it was faster than before.

The modification had less benefit but a big disadvantage in loading time IMO.

Jim:

--- Quote from: michih on September 14, 2018, 02:33:45 pm ---However, mapview is real muuuuuuch slower than before the last Modifikation - After moving to leaflet when it was faster than before.

The modification had less benefit but a big disadvantage in loading time IMO.

--- End quote ---

Do you mean the change to avoid drawing the segments on top of each other?

michih:
No, it was another change but I don't remember what exactly. It's something I don't use / need. If I remember correct, mapcat was happy about the feature...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version