Author Topic: PA:PA 73 around the Tacomy-Palmyra Bridge and I-95 (Exit 30)  (Read 1920 times)

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 05:49:10 am
PA:PA 73 around the Tacomy-Palmyra Bridge and I-95 (Exit 30)
« on: September 23, 2018, 04:36:44 pm »
This is a reminder to myself that there are major point errors on PA 73 in this area.  Notably missing is a point where it turns on/off Cottman Ave.

Note that I-95 and PA 73 should not line up here.

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
Re: PA:PA 73 around the Tacomy-Palmyra Bridge and I-95 (Exit 30)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 10:27:53 pm »
https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/2254

I'll revisit PA 73 sooner rather than later.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 11:18:57 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 11:29:29 am »
PA56: OakSt should be left visible, as visible shaping points at an intersection are preferred to hidden ones.

PA66:
OrrAve is a bit too close to waypoints on either side, and density here is starting to get a bit overdense. Looks to be of marginal use.
+X1A and +X1B should be left visible, as discussed above.
If nixing DiaAve (presumably Tim only put it there for shaping) we could lose +X2A as well.
The conversion of +X2B to LogRd is good.

PA66AltVan:
+X1A should revert to GroSt. Or it could just be deleted; the route shape would still be within tolerance wthout it.
Are GarFerRd or SprHolRd really going to be used by all that many travelers?
+X2A should revert to ManGroRd.

PA73:
The new CotAve_E point looks appropriate.
However, the new MilSt and StaRd_W look, as Jason (who developed usact & usari) would say, "a bit rampy". Jason was the one who talked me out of having points on NH33 for I-95_S and I-95_N, on either side of a GraDr point IIRC. (NH33 is still arguably too dense overall, and could benefit from a trimdown. "If I were drafting it now...")

PA356: Utility of WhiCloRd?
CSV changes look good.
BetRossBri: Thanks for adding this. I may the first one to add it to my .list file. :D
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 10:42:34 pm »
PA 73: I removed all points in the vicinity except for the new CotAve_E point. The reasoning for adding the new point was because I felt that the way it was drafted presumed PA 73 having one-way segments there with NewStaRd_E and TorAve. IMO Cottman Ave is the centerpiece of the I-95/PA 73 interchange and is where PA 73 turns back towards the northwest from I-95. The NewStaRd_E point is now an alternate label to CotAve_E.

PA 356: WhiCloRd(White Cloud Rd) connects to PA 56 near the new MelRd (Melwood Rd) point via Hulton Rd and the BonShoRd (Bonfire Shortcut Rd) point.

PA 66:
I agree about OrrAve and SheRd being too close to each other. I have been trying to have points on parallel routes in areas leading to me placing OrrAve (see PA 66 ALT and PA 356); however, I removed OrrAve as who would just go from there to PA 819 or to SheRd. (probably no one)
I removed +X1A(JefSt) completely and replaced +X1B(PennAve) with PennRd. I am not a huge fan of having visible points at dead end roads or ones that do not go anywhere outside of residential areas, but I see that there should be a point to get into Riverview. This is all within tolerance. I will note that I have changed some visible points into shaping points in some areas (see PA 10 and PA 27 for instance before I just tweaked them slightly).

PA66AltVan: I added Walnut St in Vandergrift as it connects to PA 56 at Oak St/Longfellow St. I removed LowMonRd and GarFerRd. Points north of PA 56/PA 66 are now Airport Rd(AirRd), SprHolRd, and ManGroRd (changed back from +X2A). The original goal here was to have parallel points on roads intersecting both PA 66 and PA 66 ALT.

PA 56: Made Oak St Longfellow St (LonSt). I could have fully removed this one but it puts the line on the other side of the river even within tolerance. I added Walnut St to PA66AltVan due to this point being here.

Current PA Branch to Master Branch Pull Request:  https://github.com/Markkos1992/HighwayData/pull/50
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 11:00:03 pm by Markkos1992 »

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator