Highway Data Discussion > Completed Highway Systems Threads

usanp (U.S. National Park Highways)

(1/32) > >>

froggie:
Starting this thread mainly to bring forth a couple issues I've noticed with this system in DC.  Given the lack of mileage showing up in the highway browser, I'm guessing this system is still in development.

First, on the Rock Creek Pkwy list, the southern endpoint should be labeled LinMemCir.  There's an extra "c" in the draft version that's in TM.

Second, and impacting 3 of the 4 lists, is that the city quadrant is very prominent in DC signage, waymaking, and usage.  Because of this, they should have been included.  This doesn't affect the GW Pkwy list, but it does affect the other three.  In the case of the Suitland Pkwy list, the western endpoint should be "SCapSt", as the South is very prominent in that streetname to distinguish it from North Capitol St and East Capitol St.

I'm guessing from the lack of their inclusion that Oscar did not draft these lists.

(EDIT)  Also, for the Crystal City segment of the GW Pkwy, the southern terminus is actually at First St in Old Town Alexandria, not at Dangerfield Island.  A waypoint should be added at Slaters Ln.

yakra:
This looks like a case (i'm not checking out the lists here) of following the CHM/TM standard of ignoring directional specifiers ("N. 6th St becomes 6thSt. 33rd Avenue SW becomes 33rdAve.") unless needed to differentiate otherwise identical labels.

oscar:

--- Quote from: froggie on April 24, 2016, 09:45:25 am ---I'm guessing from the lack of their inclusion that Oscar did not draft these lists.
--- End quote ---

My main contributions to usanp are in California, largely to move some mileage there from usaca.

si404:

--- Quote from: yakra on April 24, 2016, 11:33:57 am ---This looks like a case (i'm not checking out the lists here) of following the CHM/TM standard of ignoring directional specifiers ("N. 6th St becomes 6thSt. 33rd Avenue SW becomes 33rdAve.") unless needed to differentiate otherwise identical labels.
--- End quote ---
Exactly that.

I'll make the changes.

bhemphill:
In Kentucky at Mammoth Cave National Park, both Kentucky 70 and 255 are not mapped within the park.  So I would guess this would be a case of those routes cut off by a National Park that should be included.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version