Highway Data Discussion > In-progress Highway Systems & Work

usaas: American Samoa Territorial Highways

(1/3) > >>

si404:
Any comments on this devel status system?

http://tm.teresco.org/devel/hb.php?sys=usaas

From the little GMSV that exists, it seems that signage is patchy/seemingly non-existent for some routes, and excellent for others. Sources are slim (I'd love a better one) and the routes are off OSM tagging and a little bit of seeing signs. Leading zeros are signed.

dharwood:
I recently had the opportunity to spend a day in American Samoa and saw may of the roads on the western end of the island. My comments and suggestions follow.

The intersection of routes AS014 and AS016 currently appears to be at the wrong location (one block too far north). It is currently at -14.323665, -170.722260. The correct location of this intersection is the roundabout at -14.324867, long -170.721291.

Route AS014 really needs a shaping point at -14.330571,-170.715096.

On Route AS001, I suggest the inclusion of a waypoint in Fagatogo. Fagatogo is an important commericial and port area for the island a as whole where many trips begin and end. The location I suggest for this waypoint is -14.278377,-170.688548 (on a corner by the post office). I don't have an intersecting street name for that location. I suggest that the waypoint could be called "Faga".

American Samoa is a very beautiful place. I wish I'd had time to see the rest of the island.

dharwood:
Please see message on American Samoa posted as a new topic.

froggie:
dhardwood:  Rather than have a separate thread, I merged your comments into the already-existing American Samoa thread.

si404:
I've dealt with dharwood's comments.

I still need a better source than OSM for where routes run, but I guess I could put the system at preview as I don't think there's an actual source on the internet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version