Author Topic: Curious About Alabama and Mississippi State Highways  (Read 5438 times)

Offline mikeandkristie

• Last Login:March 20, 2024, 07:58:41 pm
Curious About Alabama and Mississippi State Highways
« on: July 30, 2018, 10:49:14 pm »
Apologies if this is the wrong spot to ask this, but with Arkansas and Louisiana state highways recently moving to preview I was wondering about the status of Alabama and Mississippi.  These don't appear to have any state highways listed in the Highway Browser.  As someone in the southeast that has a bunch of routes commented out that would connect our Interstate and US mileage in those states, I was curious about them.

Mike

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:09:32 am
Re: Curious About Alabama and Mississippi State Highways
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 07:57:14 pm »
Froggie has indicated that he's going to handle these systems, since those are two of his states. To my knowledge he has not established a timeframe.
Clinched:

Offline kjslaughter

• Last Login:March 21, 2024, 09:19:49 am
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 11:59:42 pm »
Curious about the status of Mississippi state routes as well.  I think that is the only state highway system either not in preview or development.

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 07:53:11 pm
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 10:24:59 am »
I'm waiting until Alabama is activated before I begin on Mississippi.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:27:44 am
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 01:02:49 pm »
With Alabama having been in preview now for 3 1/2 years, I think it's safe to get Mississippi going concurrently.  I get a good number of emails asking about it with .list submissions.  It also represents a glaring hole in the graphs for my academic project.

Of course, no one is obligated to contribute at any given time and circumstances limit people's available time to do so.  But I'd like to see progress if possible, so maybe there are others who could help Froggie get this one off the ground, assuming he still wants to be the lead on it?

Offline andrepoiy

• Last Login:July 24, 2023, 10:47:21 pm
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 03:20:07 pm »
I could offer my help for the peer review, although I have no experience in that, and also I have never been to Alabama.

Offline rlee

• Last Login:February 11, 2024, 09:27:14 am
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 10:40:06 am »
How much work has been done for Mississippi to date? I may be able to provide some assistance putting waypoint files together.

With Alabama having been in preview now for 3 1/2 years, I think it's safe to get Mississippi going concurrently.  I get a good number of emails asking about it with .list submissions.  It also represents a glaring hole in the graphs for my academic project.

Of course, no one is obligated to contribute at any given time and circumstances limit people's available time to do so.  But I'd like to see progress if possible, so maybe there are others who could help Froggie get this one off the ground, assuming he still wants to be the lead on it?