Author Topic: Traveler Stats by Region Sorting  (Read 3007 times)

Offline vdeane

• Last Login:Yesterday at 09:23:42 pm
    • New York State Roads
Traveler Stats by Region Sorting
« on: May 21, 2017, 04:24:41 pm »
The Traveler Stats by Region page used to sort regions by number of miles clinched.  Now they are essentially random.  Is this a bug, or is it sorting by some new, non-obvious method?  Additionally, doing a true sort by clinched miles does not appear to even be possible now.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:March 26, 2024, 09:50:25 am
Re: Traveler Stats by Region Sorting
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 04:32:53 pm »
From the First attempt at km/mi selection topic:

One issue I've noticed since posting this is that my change to use thousands separators has broken the table sorting.  It seems now to be sorting strings instead of numeric values.  The table sorting code isn't mine, so I'm not sure how easily I'll be able to fix that up.
Clinched:

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:14:53 pm
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 10:00:12 pm »
The Traveler Stats by Region page used to sort regions by number of miles clinched.  Now they are essentially random.  Is this a bug, or is it sorting by some new, non-obvious method?  Additionally, doing a true sort by clinched miles does not appear to even be possible now.

Which page?  While the comma separator problem is causing trouble for sure in many places, I was able to sort using the "% Clinched" column on my own page:

http://tm.teresco.org/user/?units=miles&u=terescoj

One possibility if you are seeing some strange behavior is that there could be older versions of the JS code cached in your browser that doesn't play well with the newest PHP code.  A force reload might help.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:14:53 pm
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 10:10:54 pm »
In any case, I've removed the thousands separators for now so the table sorting should at least work as well as it did before.