Author Topic: New Travels and Stats Discussion  (Read 228663 times)

Offline bejacob

• Last Login:March 26, 2024, 02:31:28 pm
Re: New Travels and Stats Discussion
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2017, 08:09:29 am »
Not sure it it will enough to put me over 100,000 in the "active and preview systems" column.

99993.87 :)

However, you're log file still indicates 4 errors (and an "Incorrect format line: ")

Once I correct the last couple errors from my most recent trip, I will cross the 100,000 mile mark on the active and preview systems.  :)

As for that "Incorrect format line: ," I've got a hidden character that I can't figure out how to remove.  ??? I've left it as a blank line at the beginning of my file. At least that that way it doesn't mess up anything else in my list.

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:09:32 am
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2017, 08:43:47 am »
Once I correct the last couple errors from my most recent trip, I will cross the 100,000 mile mark on the active and preview systems.  :)

As for that "Incorrect format line: ," I've got a hidden character that I can't figure out how to remove.  ??? I've left it as a blank line at the beginning of my file. At least that that way it doesn't mess up anything else in my list.

Congratulations in advance!

For the hidden character, how do you maintain your .list? It shouldn't be that difficult to remove.
Clinched:

Offline bejacob

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2017, 09:04:05 am »

Congratulations in advance!

For the hidden character, how do you maintain your .list? It shouldn't be that difficult to remove.

Thanks.

I maintain my list in a MS Word (2013) file. Ever since I found a workaround for the hidden character issue, I haven't worried about fixing the problem. I suppose I should deal with it at some point. Maybe now is the time.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:27:44 am
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2017, 09:48:46 am »
@bejacob, I'll email you a completely plain-text version of your file you can use as a baseline for future updates.  I'd recommend editing in something like Notepad++ instead of Word.  Yours was one of the few list files in the repository that wasn't plain ascii, but fortunately didn't contain any characters that caused the site update process to choke.

Offline bejacob

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2017, 10:16:19 am »
@bejacob, I'll email you a completely plain-text version of your file you can use as a baseline for future updates.  I'd recommend editing in something like Notepad++ instead of Word.  Yours was one of the few list files in the repository that wasn't plain ascii, but fortunately didn't contain any characters that caused the site update process to choke.

Thanks. I'll use that to fix the issue.

I'm technically savvy enough to get myself out of trouble much of the time, but not always. It's always good to know one's limitations.  ;)

Offline bejacob

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2017, 10:01:48 pm »

Thanks. I'll use that to fix the issue.

Looks like the plain-text file worked perfectly. The hidden character is gone and I've now passed 100,000 miles.
Still not quite there in the active systems. I guess that can be my next goal.  :)

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:04:16 pm
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2017, 10:59:11 am »
I'm back from a road trip to France, Andorra, Spain and Portugal. I drove 15,000km in 16 days and could clinch 12,000km TM mileage :)

I've clinched more than 80% of Autoroutes in France, more than 50% of Autovia in Spain and almost 50% of Autoestrada in Portugal now. It was my first time in Portugal :)

Offline Highway63

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 16, 2024, 01:40:37 am
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2017, 03:51:52 pm »
August 2016: Great Plains trip. First visit to Wyoming since 2000.
  • Missed clinching US 30 and NE 92 by less than a dozen miles each because of construction
  • CO/NE/WY tri-state point and the highest point in Nebraska
  • 11 new counties in NE, WY

October 2016: Big South Trip. First visit to Alabama since 1994 and Louisiana since 2001.
  • Clinched the rest of I-55 south of Memphis
  • Clinched I-12, three different I-110's, and four other 3di's
  • Drove I-10 from Baton Rouge to New Orleans, and then Slidell to Pensacola
  • Drove the entire length of I-65
  • 67 new counties/parishes in MO, MS, LA, FL, AL, TN, KY, IN

April 2017: Colorado and US 56
  • US 6 now continuous from Glenwood Junction CO to Portage IN - but still not 40% traveled!
  • Missed clinching NE US 136 by 3 miles, stupid detour
  • Drove US 350 end to end
  • Second-ever visit to New Mexico (1997); first interstate miles in NM
  • Two tri-state points (OK/NM/TX and CO/KS/OK)
  • Clinched US 56 by driving from Springer to I-35 south of Olathe; first TM user to clinch US 56
  • US 59 now continuous from I-35 to I-90
  • 41 new counties in NE, KS, CO, NM, TX, OK

Offline sipes23

• Last Login:August 19, 2019, 12:44:31 am
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2017, 05:44:39 pm »
to I-35 south of Olathe; first TM user to clinch US 56

Congratulations on that accomplishment (especially since I don't think I've clinched a single US highway).

My plans for summer travel are the following:

• Memorial Day trip to Salt Lake City, which I hope includes a trip to Promontory Point
  • Early summer trip to southern Utah to visit the national parks
  • July trip to Wisconsin, Minnesota, Manitoba and Saskatchewan
  • Maybe trip to Montana

I hope to run up the county numbers and road mileage on those trips. I wouldn't be surprised to see if I cross the 40% threshold US Interstates and Wyoming State Highways this summer. I'd also not be surprised to see 25% on Wisconsin State Highways.

Edit: I might even take the number one spot in Wyoming now that I see I'm only about 280 miles behind Oscar, which would put me at over 50% of total Wyoming miles.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 08:48:11 pm by sipes23 »

Offline 7/8

• Last Login:January 27, 2024, 09:32:10 pm
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2017, 05:58:12 pm »
I decided to go on a three-hour drive this afternoon and clinch ON 23 and ON7Wat (the first user for both of these). The weather was to good to pass up the opportunity :)

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2017, 11:58:26 pm »
I decided to go on a three-hour drive this afternoon and clinch ON 23 and ON7Wat (the first user for both of these). The weather was to good to pass up the opportunity :)
Your post reminded me to check and see that I'm the only driver for ME188. :)
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:09:32 am
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2017, 12:36:43 am »
Think we need a new topic for routes for which we're the only driver? I've got a few of those too. ;)

In any case, I think we need to come up with a term for it.
Clinched:

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:27:44 am
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2017, 08:41:30 am »
Think we need a new topic for routes for which we're the only driver? I've got a few of those too. ;)

In any case, I think we need to come up with a term for it.

Not only that ("TM Pioneer?" - we can do better than that) but it's an idea for a page, and maybe rank the users by how many routes for which that traveler is the only driver and/or the only one to have it 100% clinched.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:04:16 pm

Offline sipes23

• Last Login:August 19, 2019, 12:44:31 am
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2017, 02:06:00 am »

I've got a couple of those lurking in Wyoming. WYO 77 and WYO 196.