Author Topic: hrvz: Croatia Županijske Ceste  (Read 2804 times)

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:04:16 pm
hrvz: Croatia Županijske Ceste
« on: February 06, 2023, 02:19:17 pm »
The system is in devel status now. The secondary routes are being drafted based on the route log from 2022-04-01. OSM indicates the Z routes quite well while GM does not indicate them at all. The routes were not signed in the past but first signs appeared a few years now (5 years?). They are well signed now, as we can see on recent GSV, e.g. Z2023.

There should be 1,070 Z routes for 9,359km (5,815mi) according to the 2022 route log.

The route log only indicates routes outside of (larger) towns albeit OSM often (but not always) extends them inbound. The route log indicates them starting at e.g. "A. G. Grada Zagreba" i.e. Zagreb boundary. That means, they don't extent beyond municipality boundaries. Thus, a lot of routes - especially in Zagreb area - won't make it into the HB.

Offline Eth

• Last Login:March 26, 2024, 04:01:53 pm
Re: hrvz: Croatia Županijske Ceste
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 01:25:03 pm »
I knew I should have kept better notes on my travels on the Z routes when I was over there last summer! Guess we'll see just how good my memory is...

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 02:30:59 pm »
^^ Oh, sorry. You obviously missed this:

hrvz - Croatia Županijske Ceste (not signed)

Changed to:

hrvz - Croatia Županijske Ceste (potential tier 5 system)

I got first reports in late 2017 or early 2018 that Croatia has started to sign the routes. I couldn't spot any sign in September 2018 though. I've seen them being signed on motorway exits all over the country and on many D routes now. But on direction signs only, no kilometer posts so far. Unfortunately, OSM seems to have more routes indicated than being officially dedicated, for instance routes through Zagreb. The official list is updated once per year, so no issue. I'll likely draft the system anywhere down the road but not soon.

I have very little mileage on Z routes out of Zagreb. But I'm happy to have more roads to be traveled on my next trip - maybe this fall on the way down to Kosovo....

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 03:56:55 pm »
System will be in preview with the next site update.

Unfortunately, I will not get additional mileage since my only travels were on city routes which are partially indicated on OSM but don't belong to the national system :(