Author Topic: VA: Missing highways  (Read 8725 times)

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:14:55 am
Re: VA: Missing highways
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2016, 03:19:21 am »
Also, you're welcome to put anything you want in your list file if you wanted to track some roads we don't have.  They'll generate error messages in your log file, but cause no harm otherwise. I try to put in entries for any roads I travel that I think are likely to be added to the system some day, so I don't have to try to remember where I traveled if and when those routes are added.

I do the same but don't like any error. I comment these routes:

https://github.com/TravelMapping/UserData/blob/master/list_files/michih.list

Code: [Select]
AUT E552 DEU/AUT 65(A8)
AUT E651 B99_N B99_S
#AUT B1 A1(9) B221
#AUT B20 B116 S6

Line 1+2 are from an active system, line 3+4 are from a potential future system.

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 12:47:40 am
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2016, 06:21:56 am »
But I'm not sure how to fill the gap between secondary routes. My last trip involved traveling SR 729 north of Culpeper, but I don't know how I would write that in my .list file.

Without even a draft route file to look up for that segment of SR 729, you'd be guessing not only the waypoint names, but also how the route would be file-named to distinguish it from any other SR 729s in Virginia. You might do better to log your non-TM-mappable travels in a separate file from your list file, so you can use whatever format you prefer.

I have such a separate file with draft list file entries and other notes for routes that I expect one day to show up in TM. (But I don't even track Virginia SRs, or county or other local routes in other states.) When it's time to move draft entries into my list file as new systems are added, I often find that I've guessed wrong on how the route or its waypoints will be named or which points are included in the route file, so I need to redo entries anyway.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:04:55 am by oscar »

Offline new_friends_gr

• Last Login:July 29, 2017, 02:35:01 pm
  • A.J. Bertin
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2016, 08:31:09 pm »
I can speak a bit to this.  Virginia primary routes were omitted if they were not signed.  We keep fairly extensive background information on this on VHP, and when Mike took over creating the Virginia routes, he was adhering to the earlier CHM policy of leaving unsigned state routes out of the log files.

I noticed the other day that VA 37 was missing from this site. Isn't that signed? I was just on it a couple months ago on my way to the Corridor H road meet.

Offline mapmikey

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:25:08 pm
    • Co-curator Virginia Highways Project
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2016, 08:42:43 pm »
Freeway segments of Virginia state routes are in a different subset (select freeways) and will be reconciled with the Virginia state route set when it moves from preview to active...

Offline new_friends_gr

• Last Login:July 29, 2017, 02:35:01 pm
  • A.J. Bertin
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2016, 06:44:06 am »
Freeway segments of Virginia state routes are in a different subset (select freeways) and will be reconciled with the Virginia state route set when it moves from preview to active...

Ah okay. I found VA 37 in that subset of select freeways. Thanks!

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:April 24, 2024, 10:38:14 pm
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2016, 03:54:07 am »
So, can I assume we can mark this as 'solved'?

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:19:13 am
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2016, 10:10:42 am »
Let Mike do that once he's back from Norway.

Offline mapmikey

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 05:25:08 pm
    • Co-curator Virginia Highways Project
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2016, 02:31:28 pm »
This is solved as far as I can see.  There is no action required based on the entries inthis thread.

Moving to the solved thread...