Author Topic: WY: WY US 212 (Colony) point name issues  (Read 1998 times)

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:38:25 am
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
WY: WY US 212 (Colony) point name issues
« on: September 09, 2016, 10:36:03 pm »
So I was looking at this route and some of the point labels just didn't seem right. So I did some digging. "BebHaulRd", presumably named after "Bentonite Haul Rd" on Google Maps, is actually at the intersection of US 212 and Lone Tree Rd, a private road that heads north. The so-called "Bentonite Haul Rd" is not a public road."HaulRd" is actually at the intersection of Colony Haul Rd (another private road) and US 212. The "MisRivRd" is technically correct, but that is a pentagoned county road, CR 200.

This wouldn't affect list files since the 6 of us that have been on that road have been on the whole thing.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:38:25 am
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Online si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 12:03:23 pm
Re: WY: WY US 212 (Colony) point name issues
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 11:01:44 am »
GMSV has the point marked as BebHaulRd signed as Lone Tree Rd. I've kept it, not only as there's a truck coming out of it on GMSV, but because it means no visible distance error. I've deleted the point in the non-place that Google marks as colony.