Author Topic: usafl (Florida State Highways), in-dev system  (Read 5702 times)

Offline theFXexpert

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:June 30, 2023, 02:59:08 pm
usafl (Florida State Highways), in-dev system
« on: February 11, 2016, 12:50:27 pm »
Starting this thread up since I have a couple questions. I assume rickmastfan67 is working this system.

What is the policy regarding unsigned/partially unsigned routes? The roads currently in the Highway Browser don't seem to be consistent on if they are included or not.

Can the 86th St waypoint on FL684 be moved to 75th St? It's a much more major road and is used as a waypoint on FL64.

And I will echo a request from the AAroads forum:
I don't know what the criteria are for adding waypoints, but I wonder whether FL-789 could have a waypoint at Ken Thompson Parkway. Reason: That's the turnoff for the Mote Marine Laboratory, which is also an aquarium and is a popular tourist destination in Sarasota such that it's likely that people would use the road up to that point but not farther.

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Today at 06:08:33 pm
Re: usafl (Florida State Highways), in-dev system
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 02:50:50 pm »
Starting this thread up since I have a couple questions. I assume rickmastfan67 is working this system.

Yes, I'm still working on this system.

What is the policy regarding unsigned/partially unsigned routes? The roads currently in the Highway Browser don't seem to be consistent on if they are included or not.

Only posted segments.  Was in the progress awhile ago to split out un-posted parts when Tim asked us to stop on 'dev' systems and only deal with active ones since he was busy.  I had gotten all the routes under 100 fixed up at that point.

Can the 86th St waypoint on FL684 be moved to 75th St? It's a much more major road and is used as a waypoint on FL64.

And I will echo a request from the AAroads forum:
I don't know what the criteria are for adding waypoints, but I wonder whether FL-789 could have a waypoint at Ken Thompson Parkway. Reason: That's the turnoff for the Mote Marine Laboratory, which is also an aquarium and is a popular tourist destination in Sarasota such that it's likely that people would use the road up to that point but not farther.

As of right now, I'm not taking any requests on points.  Once I create an official thread for this system here (since source info and other stuff needs to be in the main post), and fully outline everything for the system, then I can start dealing with requests.

Offline theFXexpert

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:June 30, 2023, 02:59:08 pm
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 05:52:53 pm »
As of right now, I'm not taking any requests on points.  Once I create an official thread for this system here (since source info and other stuff needs to be in the main post), and fully outline everything for the system, then I can start dealing with requests.
Ah, I see. Sorry about that.

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 06:52:43 pm
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 08:54:49 pm »
Minor, but for FL 20, the Gainesville file is spelt (Gainsville) without the "e" for whatever reason.

I guess I have watched too much SEC football over the years to not miss that.

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 07:53:11 pm
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 02:44:29 pm »
For whenever whomever's working on this system (presumably James) gets back to it, there's a segment of FL 115 missing from the browser, running north of Jacksonville.  GMSV from 2015 shows it signed, and April 2016 FDOT shapefiles show it as a state highway route.

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Today at 06:08:33 pm
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 10:28:40 pm »
For whenever whomever's working on this system (presumably James) gets back to it, there's a segment of FL 115 missing from the browser, running north of Jacksonville.  GMSV from 2015 shows it signed, and April 2016 FDOT shapefiles show it as a state highway route.

It's already there, and has been for awhile.
http://tm.teresco.org/hb/?r=fl.fl115cal

Anyways, I do have an official thread now: http://tm.teresco.org/forum/index.php?topic=323.0

So, locking this one.