Author Topic: MD: MD 139  (Read 716 times)

Online Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 08:37:39 am
MD: MD 139
« on: December 01, 2021, 01:41:01 pm »
Is there a history of why we only show MD 139 on Charles St (NB direction only I think)?  I cannot find any evidence that MD 139 SB actually follows St Paul St even though Wikipedia and even MDRoads.com says so.  The HLR does not seem to indicate such for whatever reason.

I did a quick glance through southbound, and this is only MD 139 shield I found.  I did not see any shields in the city when I drove Charles St northbound Sunday Evening.

I also recommend that points be added at 28th St/29th St (direct connection to I-83) and at the Charlcote Rd and St Paul St intersection (north end of the apparent directional split).
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 09:20:44 pm by Markkos1992 »

Offline Duke87

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:26:16 pm
Re: MD: MD 139
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 08:52:53 pm »
I don't know the specific history, but from what I can tell I agree with it being shown as is. HLR gives no indication of where a southbound pair should be. St Paul is shown on multiple unofficial sources so I have to figure this came from somewhere, but at the same time if you're headed south on Charles when you get to the end of the two way you're most logically routed the other way over to Maryland Ave (which is also shown as 139 by at least one unofficial source). So it's kind of an either/or/neither situation and leaving the centerline on Charles is the tidiest way to shrug at it.

I will add the points you suggest though.