Highway Data Discussion > Updates to Highway Data

MN: future MN 30 realignment

(1/3) > >>

froggie:
This is for my own cognizance.

MnDOT's undergoing a bridge replacement and interchange improvement project at I-90/US 63 this year and next.  As part of the project, the existing US 63/MN 30 West intersection (just north of I-90) will be permanently closed.  I have email confirmation from MnDOT that, upon project completion (end of next summer, 2020), MN 30 will be rerouted via CSAH 8 and CSAH 16 around the west and north sides of the Rochester Airport.

froggie:
This has now been completed.

The problem I have now is how to relabel the points on MN 30.  There's at least one user using the US 63_N point, which under normal circumstances would be relocated 2 miles to the north at the US 63/CSAH 16 interchange (where MN 30 now departs US 63).  I'm not sure offhand how to work the MN 30 list to minimize impact to user lists using waypoints in the area.

Worth noting that nobody's using the current CR8 waypoint on MN 30, though that will change as I'll have to use it now since this reroute creates a gap in my own MN 30 travels.

yakra:
All travelers with broken .lists:
bejacob cyhighways dcm55343 highway63 justjake

Those who update via GitHub (TM usernames):
bejacob

GitHub usernames:
@bejacob

You can tag @bejacob in the pull request.

Those left over who update by email:
cyhighways dcm55343 highway63 justjake

The last 3 update regularly, all updating in November; only cyhighways.list hasn't been updated since 2016.

I'd say, just put US63_N where you need to put it. If the updates notification text says there's more US63 concurrency than there used to be, that should indicate that either US63_S or US63_N has moved. Even if people don't check the updates page much, their .log files will now alert them that there's a recent update to check out.

bejacob:

--- Quote from: yakra on December 04, 2020, 10:57:03 am ---You can tag @bejacob in the pull request.

--- End quote ---

No need. I regularly check my log file and make updates when I have a few errors caused by changes in the HB even if I don't have any new travels to add. Similarly, whenever I add new travels, I check my log file and fix any errors.

Not sure how others feel, but I don't mind when my list gets broken. I think it's better to make sure the HB is correct rather than worry about individual lists. I just fix things on my next update.

Make the appropriate changes and I'll make my corrections.

froggie:
Eric, here's my thoughts on point relabeling.  Let me know if I'm off-base here:

US 63:
MN30_W -----> removed (nobody using it)
CR16 ------> MN30_W (or MN30_W/16?)

MN 30:
CR8 -------> CR8_S (nobody currently using it, but I will have to afterwards)
New point:  CR8_N
New point:  US 63_N/16 (to differentiate from the existing point)
US63_N --------> *US63_N

Would this also warrant a line in the Updates log?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version