Author Topic: WI: Business Routes  (Read 1620 times)

Offline SSOWorld

• Last Login:April 15, 2024, 05:29:14 pm
WI: Business Routes
« on: December 26, 2019, 04:54:07 pm »
I did another field check of a couple more routes - one intentionally and the other "by accident".

US 51 Bus Stevens Point.  I noticed this got truncated to Minnesota Ave on the northern terminus.  If going by maintaining jurisdiction, this is correct (Stevens Point maintains rather than the state).  However, by signage, the rest of the route (Church and Division Streets in Point itself), the signage still exists pretty much along the route length including the freeway exit signs on the mainline.  I believe the truncation in TM is premature based on that and that it should be reverted.

US 151 Bus and US 18 Bus Mt Horeb:  I had previously submitted a correction on this one for its removal, but it seemed to be only removed from the portion east of WIS 92 to the mainline while the western portion had never been cleared or had been restored. I noticed today that the CTH ID east end interchange had a Bus 18/Bus 151 sign salad posted once again.  However, the mainline freeway still does not have the route indicated.  Regardless, It's probably a good idea to put this pair back in.  I did not do a full check since I had to get home and saw the sign after passing the ramp entry.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 04:57:34 pm by SSOWorld »
Completed:
* Systems: DC, WI
* by US State: AR: I&; AZ: I; DE: I; DC: I, US, DC; IL: I; IN: I*; IA: I, KS: I; MD: I, MA: I, MI: I; MN: I; MO: I*; NE: I; NJ, I; OH: I; RI: I; SD: I; WA: I; WV: I; WI: I,US,WI; (AR, IN pending expansions.)

*Previously completed

Offline Highway63

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:00:05 pm
Re: WI: Business Routes
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 03:18:48 am »
Stevens Point:
I was just enacting what AASHTO approved. Might there be a miscommunication along the way with WisDOT thinking it had to de-register the business route, but is keeping it signed? I do have the full previous route.

Mount Horeb:
Business 18/151 has been removed from all BGSs. I would classify that as officially the business routes do not exist, but WisDOT isn't going to/can't make the city take the signs down.

I have the files if they really need to be restored.

Offline SSOWorld

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 12:41:08 pm »
The Jan 2019 County maps have both business routes as you have them now in TM (AASHTO Approval).  However this is inconsistent to what is presented with other locally maintained business routes (such as the Bus 151 routes through Platteville, Mineral Point, Beaver Dam and Sun Prairie and the Bus 18/151 through Verona) which do not show up on the WisDOT county maps (Grant, Iowa, Dodge, Dane (2)) However, all of these are signed locally and on the freeway BGSs.  This is true for any locally maintained business route.

Recommend waiting for the 2020 County maps (if they are published - no telling what will happen with the DOT budget's SNAFU). 

From what I see - we have the debate ongoing on "signed" vs "designated".  This certainly applies here.
Completed:
* by US State: AR: I&; AZ: I; DE: I; DC: I, US, DC; IL: I; IN: I*; IA: I, KS: I; MD: I, MA: I, MI: I; MN: I; MO: I*; NE: I; NJ, I; OH: I; RI: I; SD: I; WA: I; WV: I; WI: I,US,WI; (AR, IN pending expansions.)

*Previously completed

Offline SSOWorld

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 03:40:24 pm »
https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/travel/road/hwy-maps/county-maps/default.aspx

Portage updated shows the portion in Point snipped.  As such - the way you have it now matches the map - regardless of how behind WisDOT is on the road.

Dane still shows local (for reference, Grant shows Platteville as local as well (appropriate - the only state owned BRs are in Wausau and Plover).  Signage-wise, there are signs along WIS 78 in places, but not consistently, as they exist west of downtown towards the freeway and a salad exists at the WB exit to ID. There are no mentions of it whatsoever between the East end and the junction with WIS 78/92.  I
will surrender to the fact that it won't return.

PS: As a side note for hilarity, I got blocked by a graduation wave party while doing the scouting in town.
Completed:

*Previously completed