Author Topic: VA: Tweaks to VA 358?  (Read 1531 times)

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 07:38:46 pm
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
VA: Tweaks to VA 358?
« on: June 19, 2018, 08:43:03 am »
VA 358's north end in the HB is placed at 1st Avenue, which is signed in the field as Woodrow Wilson Ave. However, there is a set of VA 358 route markers a few blocks northwest, at the corner of Woodrow Wilson and James Anderson Rd. (what OSM labels as 4th St., but the street blades call it James Anderson Rd., as does ESRI WorldStreetMap). The marker facing southeast indicates that VA 358 extends northwest along Woodrow Wilson, and northeast along James Anderson. The marker facing northwest indicates that VA 358 extends southeast along Woodrow Wilson, and northeast along James Anderson. However, there are no route markers past the Woodrow Wilson/James Anderson to indicate how much farther VA 358 extends into the Wilson Workforce and Rehabilitation Center campus.

I suggest moving the north endpoint for VA 358 at least to the Woodrow Wilson/James Anderson intersection, and perhaps including the rest of Woodrow Wilson and a branch including all of James Anderson.

I can supply photos I took at that intersection, if that helps.

Offline mapmikey

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 08:31:47 pm
    • Co-curator Virginia Highways Project
Re: VA: Tweaks to VA 358?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 08:10:04 pm »
I will correct this and give it a branch route.

The ends of the two prongs were well posted the only time I went back there over a decade ago...

http://www.vahighways.com/va-ends/va358.htm

Offline mapmikey

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 08:31:47 pm
    • Co-curator Virginia Highways Project
Re: VA: Tweaks to VA 358?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 10:56:56 am »
Changes made and submitted...