Author Topic: MA: US 20 in Marlborough  (Read 1654 times)

Offline froggie

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 09:45:08 pm
MA: US 20 in Marlborough
« on: June 24, 2018, 09:05:39 am »
Specifically referring to the shaping point east of MA 85:  why have a shaping point at a usable intersection? (Cook Ln/Concord Rd)  Why not have it as a full point?  Unless the guidelines have changed, I recall the waypoint guidelines recommending full waypoints instead of hidden/shaping points if an intersection could be used.  (For the time being, and in full disclosure, I could also use this point as I just attended a funeral at the adjacent cemetery this weekend.)

On the same token, the intersection on the east side of downtown Marlborough where US 20 turns (at Lincoln St/Stevens St) should probably have a waypoint...that's a major turn from a traffic standpoint.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
Re: MA: US 20 in Marlborough
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 02:32:09 pm »
Specifically referring to the shaping point east of MA 85:  why have a shaping point at a usable intersection? (Cook Ln/Concord Rd)  Why not have it as a full point?  Unless the guidelines have changed, I recall the waypoint guidelines recommending full waypoints instead of hidden/shaping points if an intersection could be used.
Correct. Changed to ConRd, with slightly tweaked coords.

On the same token, the intersection on the east side of downtown Marlborough where US 20 turns (at Lincoln St/Stevens St) should probably have a waypoint...that's a major turn from a traffic standpoint.
Added, although points are getting a bit dense here. I considered deleting the MainSt_MarW & MainSt_MarE points to compensate, but ultimately opted not to.

https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/2034
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca