Author Topic: PA: PA 124 Western Terminus in York  (Read 3706 times)

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:14:14 am
PA: PA 124 Western Terminus in York
« on: January 27, 2017, 07:10:15 am »
This one has been one I have been unsure how it should be dealt with.  The west end of PA 124's routing along Prospect St to PA 74 at Princess St was apparently cut off at some point.  (from what I saw in Wikipedia and GSV)

As a result, verified by the SLDs (see page 742 of PDF) and GSV, the west end of PA 124 seems to have been cut back to the intersection of Prospect St and Sherman St.

My biggest concern here would be breaking .list files by deleting the PA 74 point entirely.  Keeping the PA 74 point I guess would either result in the first point being marked as closed (I am unsure if that can be done) or moving it to the intersection of PA 74 at College Ave.  (note that this part affects the PA 74 file, I would argue that a point should be added at PA 74 and College Ave anyway since that is the new access to PA 124.  The current point at Princess St could just be renamed.)

I have been confused about this one for awhile at this point.

Mark AKA 74/171FAN

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 11:18:57 pm
  • I like C++
Re: PA: PA 124 Western Terminus in York
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 02:01:11 pm »
As a result, verified by the SLDs (see page 742 of PDF) and GSV, the west end of PA 124 seems to have been cut back to the intersection of Prospect St and Sherman St.
PennDOT county map agrees.

My biggest concern here would be breaking .list files by deleting the PA 74 point entirely.  Keeping the PA 74 point I guess would either result in the first point being marked as closed (I am unsure if that can be done) or moving it to the intersection of PA 74 at College Ave.  (note that this part affects the PA 74 file,
No need to break .list files, or have PA74 in the HB as longer than it needs to be -- the "PA74" label can become a hidden alternate label for the new endpoint at SheSt, and existing .list files will still be processed correctly. (People could only mark a segment east of PA74 as clinched. The westernmost clinchable segment of PA124 will just be a little shorter now.)

I would argue that a point should be added at PA 74 and College Ave anyway since that is the new access to PA 124.  The current point at Princess St could just be renamed.)
Agreed, and done. "PA124" was in use, so it's become a hidden AltLabel for PriSt.

https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/1090
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca