Author Topic: DOWNTIME COMING SOON: teresco.org server maintenance  (Read 5574 times)

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 10:14:53 pm
DOWNTIME COMING SOON: teresco.org server maintenance
« on: July 15, 2017, 02:19:34 pm »
One day this week (Monday 7/17 if things work out as planned), the teresco.org server will be offline for an operating system update.  Hopefully it will take only a few hours but it could be much longer.  I expect some things will break since I'll be bumping up 2 major versions and it might take me some time to track down those problems and resolve them.  While the system is down, teresco.org name lookups will fail and even if they got you somewhere they wouldn't do any good until the server is all back.  Both the TM site and this forum will be down.  If the system will end up being down for more than a half a day or so, I'll post over on AARoads when I have a chance with updates.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
Re: DOWNTIME COMING SOON: teresco.org server maintenance
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 11:39:19 am »
I'm attempting the OS update today.  Slow progress so far, but most of what I've done has required only brief downtime.  The next step is going to tell a lot about how smoothly things will go...

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 04:29:10 pm »
Might be good now - checking on things.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 11:22:29 pm »
It's time for an OS upgrade again on the server that houses TM, including this forum.  Expect somewhere from 1 to 8 hours of downtime during the last week of 2017.  More complete information will be posted here when the upgrade gets scheduled.

Offline rickmastfan67

• TM Collaborator (A)
  • Last Login:Today at 06:11:34 am
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 12:58:02 am »
It's time for an OS upgrade again on the server that houses TM, including this forum.  Expect somewhere from 1 to 8 hours of downtime during the last week of 2017.  More complete information will be posted here when the upgrade gets scheduled.

Rgr that.  We can then upgrade the forums after that. :)

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 07:05:53 am »
I hope to perform the OS upgrade today, December 28.  Expect intermittent down time as a few reboots are needed, with a more extended down time if any unexpected issues are encountered.

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 01:24:22 pm »
So far so good.  I think things are done and all working.  Please let me know if you see problems with TM or the forum.