Author Topic: Please try out tmtest functionality  (Read 3698 times)

Online Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:27:44 am
Please try out tmtest functionality
« on: July 12, 2017, 11:32:05 am »
Please give a try to all functionality currently installed on the tmtest.teresco.org version of the site.  I've reorganized some code to eliminate redundant code between HDX and TM's core web pages.  Everything I've tried now appears to work, but I know many others use the site in different ways than I do.  I'd like to put this version into production soon.

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 09:24:33 am
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
Re: Please try out tmtest functionality
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 12:17:25 pm »
This comes at an awkward time for me, being on the road and perhaps losing internet access for a few days (in a remote village with weak Net access). I might to give this a spin later this month when I interrupt my road trip with a week-and-a-half trip back home, before flying back to California to resume my road trip. Then I'll be once more busy on the road, to be followed by more eye surgery soon after I drive back home, so it might take a few months for things to return to normal for me.

I never really got the hang of HDX for similar reasons. In the summer when you're less busy and have time for site improvements, I'm usually too busy to try them out.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:04:16 pm
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 02:36:11 pm »
I couldn't find any problem. Looks fine. Thanks :)

I'm just not sure if I like or dislike the new wp marker icon though...

Online Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 02:57:06 pm »
I've installed this version on the main TM site.  Please let me know if I broke anything...

Main user-visible things will be the map tiles defaulting to Mapnik (which was the intent for a long time, just noticed how to make it happen) and the green waypoint icons replaced with yellow waypoint icons.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:04:16 pm
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 03:07:06 pm »
Main user-visible things will be the map tiles defaulting to Mapnik

That's great!

A little wish... Is it possible to put "Blank" to the end of the section box. I think the position of Here and Blank should just be changed. Thanks.

Online Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 03:13:05 pm »
A little wish... Is it possible to put "Blank" to the end of the section box. I think the position of Here and Blank should just be changed. Thanks.

I agree that it should go last.  And now it is!

Offline Highway63

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 16, 2024, 01:40:37 am
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 02:10:23 pm »
I've installed this version on the main TM site.  Please let me know if I broke anything...

Main user-visible things will be the map tiles defaulting to Mapnik (which was the intent for a long time, just noticed how to make it happen) and the green waypoint icons replaced with yellow waypoint icons.

Oh good, so I'm not crazy! (Regarding this subject, anyway.)

Google Chrome gives me a warning: "This page is in Malay, would you like to translate it?"

Offline SSOWorld

• Last Login:Yesterday at 09:35:08 pm
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 08:11:14 pm »
There away to set your own preferred map background (by cookie perhaps?) I'm not a fan of Mapnik but I can understand the legal reasons.
Completed:
* Systems: DC, WI
* by US State: AR: I&; AZ: I; DE: I; DC: I, US, DC; IL: I; IN: I*; IA: I, KS: I; MD: I, MA: I, MI: I; MN: I; MO: I*; NE: I; NJ, I; OH: I; RI: I; SD: I; WA: I; WV: I; WI: I,US,WI; (AR, IN pending expansions.)

*Previously completed

Online Jim

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 08:37:00 pm »
There away to set your own preferred map background (by cookie perhaps?) I'm not a fan of Mapnik but I can understand the legal reasons.

https://github.com/TravelMapping/Web/issues/197

Probably not too hard.