Author Topic: MA: MA 1A (Salem) Point Request  (Read 1266 times)

Online Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 02:53:08 pm
MA: MA 1A (Salem) Point Request
« on: November 01, 2019, 08:34:14 pm »
I would like for a point to be added at State St (StaSt) in Newburyport. It connects to the US 1 rotary and the meet itinerary for the Newburyport meet had us turn from State St here onto MA 1A NB.

EDIT:  I also think the US 1 points should be edited to better reflect the signed concurrency between Newburyport and Salisbury.  Using just the town names IMO does not show a concurrency here.  The requirement of using US1_S at the southern end does not help either.

EDIT 2: Nearby CaryAve on US 1 should be for CarAve (Carey Ave).
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 06:11:45 am by Markkos1992 »

Offline vdeane

• Last Login:Yesterday at 09:23:42 pm
    • New York State Roads
Re: MA: MA 1A (Salem) Point Request
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 05:54:13 pm »
Guess I should have gone ahead and clinched the section of MA 1A between MA 113 and the start of the overlap with US 1 rather than relying on the lack of point on State Street making that part of the tour not result in anything clinched for Travel Mapping!
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
Re: MA: MA 1A (Salem) Point Request
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 08:52:08 pm »
I would like for a point to be added at State St (StaSt) in Newburyport. It connects to the US 1 rotary and the meet itinerary for the Newburyport meet had us turn from State St here onto MA 1A NB.
Added.

EDIT:  I also think the US 1 points should be edited to better reflect the signed concurrency between Newburyport and Salisbury.  Using just the town names IMO does not show a concurrency here.  The requirement of using US1_S at the southern end does not help either.
If we were starting usama fresh, US1, US1_S, and US1_N would be a possibility. But US1_S is in use, so this is not the case. Having three US1 intersections, our 2 options are:
1. Use alphabetical suffixes _A, _B, _C, etc.
2. Choose 3-letter suffixes for a nearby towns if they are fairly close. The 3-letter suffix should be the first 3 letters of the town name. Add a suffix with an underscore and those 3 letters.
The alphabetical suffixes aren't any more clear (town suffixes not "confusing") IMO; the town suffixes are sufficient. Leaving as-is.

EDIT 2: Nearby CaryAve on US 1 should be for CarAve (Carey Ave).
Changed to RaiSt, as at least that's a RIRO as opposed to a RI-only.

Edit: https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/3283
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 09:13:06 pm by yakra »
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca