Author Topic: NC: US 70 Bypass Beaufort  (Read 2388 times)

Offline dfilpus

• Last Login:Today at 08:35:31 am
    • Filpus Roadgeek
NC: US 70 Bypass Beaufort
« on: May 31, 2018, 03:13:17 pm »
The US 70 Bypass has been open since January. The old drawbridge is being removed. US 70 should be moved to the new bypass. The waypoint on NC 101 should be moved. NC 101 is not being truncated.

Offline mapmikey

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 05:16:19 pm
    • Co-curator Virginia Highways Project
Re: NC: US 70 Bypass Beaufort
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 04:06:50 pm »
I was waiting for the NCDOT route change document on US 70 because it would include whatever changes to NC 101 might be.  For example, will NC 101 be extended further into town as was the case many decades ago before there was a crossing between Morehead City and Beaufort.

Offline dfilpus

• Last Login:Today at 08:35:31 am
    • Filpus Roadgeek
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 06:59:33 pm »
The route change documents for US 70 are at the NCDOT Route Change website. There is no change document for NC 101.

Offline mapmikey

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 05:16:19 pm
    • Co-curator Virginia Highways Project
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 09:42:53 am »
Respectfully disagree that the route change document for US 70 exists.  There are some files in the proposed changes list for US 70's Beaufort project (essentially project maps) but none of them for example say what happens to the parts of old US 70 that will not be destroyed as would be the case on the route change document.

Nonetheless, I have edited US 70's file to reflect the bypass.  I have added a point at Radio Island Rd and also the east end of the bypass at Live Oak St which are the two points where people who had US 70 clinched through here will have to split their files.

I also added the new US 70 point to the NC 101 file and because of how the original point was labeled I can keep it as a deprecated name to continue giving credit to people who have this route drive to Live Oak St.  If evidence turns up that NC 101 was truncated or extended at some point, I will adjust that file then.

In my queue for submission...