Author Topic: NY: Taconic State Pkwy Minor Point Error/Comments  (Read 2096 times)

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:28 pm
NY: Taconic State Pkwy Minor Point Error/Comments
« on: June 05, 2018, 07:47:08 pm »
1.   LakeSecRd should be for Bryant Pond Rd.  The Bryant Pond Rd name continues east to Wood St.
2.   KnaCt should be fine though the sign says Knapp Rd.  The road is N Knapp Ct at Hortontown Rd to the east.
3.   NRd is actually North Rd.
4.   PostHillRd should CR10.  I verified this via GIS using CR 10 as the address.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
Re: NY: Taconic State Pkwy Minor Point Error/Comments
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 11:26:08 pm »
Eventually, TacStaPkwy should switch to exit number labels, once signage & everything looks consistent enough to go ahead with the changeover.

2.   KnaCt should be fine though the sign says Knapp Rd.  The road is N Knapp Ct at Hortontown Rd to the east.
3.   NRd is actually North Rd.
Thus I'm going to leave these be until it's time for them to get caught up in that "operation".
'N' for "North". NorRd may technically be preferable here, but hey.

1.   LakeSecRd should be for Bryant Pond Rd.  The Bryant Pond Rd name continues east to Wood St.
4.   PostHillRd should CR10.  I verified this via GIS using CR 10 as the address.
These two, I'll change. CR10 also looks legit per the TDV and the MilepointRoute2015 shapefiles.
https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/2013
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 12:19:03 am by yakra »
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 05:53:28 pm
Re: NY: Taconic State Pkwy Minor Point Error/Comments
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 04:02:26 pm »
The exit numbers were more consistent when I drove it Friday, but it was not a universal thing as of yet.