Author Topic: African international systems thread  (Read 10094 times)

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 08:12:45 am
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 11:52:24 am by si404 »

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
Re: SADC/EAC systems thread
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2019, 11:56:47 am »
Unlike the Southern Africans, ex-French West Africa gives us the jackpot of a map where you can't make out the numbers and <drum roll> a list of their regional organisation's road system. Though like the others, it's mostly meaningless beyond a way into a country.

http://open_jicareport.jica.go.jp/pdf/12084638_02.pdf
Table 4‐1 List of UEMOA Community Roads
Code Length (km) Route
CU1 1,897 Dakar – Bissau – Abidjan – Lomé – Cotonou – Porto Novo – Igolo – Nigeria Border
CU2 a 4,158 Dakar (Kaolack) – Tambacounda – Kidira – Kayes – Nicoro – Bamako – Sikasso – Bobo Dioulasso – Ouagadougou – Niamey –Zinder – N’guiguimi – Tchad Border   
CU2 b 788 Tambacounda – Kedougou – Saraya –Kenieba – Kita – Bamako   
CU3 a 975 Algeria Border – Assamaka – Agadez – Zinder – Magaria – Nigeria Border   
CU3b 605 Algeria Border – Tin Zaouten – Kidal – Gao   
CU4 65 Mauritania Border – Nioro of Sahel   
CU5 1,754 Guinea Border (Kouremale) – Bamako – Ségou – Mopti – Gao – Tillabéry – Niamey
CU6 991 Boubouni – Odienné – Man – San Pédro   
CU7a 760 Abdjan – Bouaké – Ferké – Ouangolodougou – Zegoua – Sikasso (CU2a)   
CU7b 205 Ouangolodougou – Bobo Dioulasso   
CU8 140 Ghana Border – Pô – Ouagadougou   
CU9 800 Lomé – Atakpamé – Kara – Sinkansé – Tenkodougou – Koupéla   
CU10 709 Cotonou – Dassa – Save – ParakouN’Dali – Kandi – Malanville – Gaya – Dosso   
CU11 296 Tamabcounda Guinéé Border – Kandika – Bafata – Bambadinka   
CU12 355 Bobo Dioulasso – Dédougou – Tougan – Ouahigouya   
CU13 473 Ouagadougou – Ouahigouya – Koro – Mopti (CU5)   
CU14 550 Ouagadougou – Dori – Téra – Farié – Namaro – Niamey   
CU15 342 Kantchiari (CU2a) – Diapaga – Ganikoara – Kandi – Segbana – Nigeria   
CU16 829 Niamey – Filingué – Tahoua – Agadez   
CU17 116 Tahoua – Dabnou – Tsernaoua (CU2a)   
CU18 993 Guinee Border(Sirana) – Odiénné – Ferké – Tehini – Bouna – Ghana Border(Bouna) – Kara – Ouaké – Djougou – Affon – Dali – Tchicandou – Nigeria Border   
CU19a 200 Guessabo – Yamoussoukro   
CU19b 306 Bouaké – N’Bahiakro – Daoukro – Agnibilékrou – Ghana Border   
CU19c 216 Ghana Border – Atakpame – Doumé – Tchetti – Savalou – Logozohe – Glazoué   
CU19d 60 CU10 – Save – Oke Owo – Nigeria Border   
CU20 486 Parakou – Djougou – Natitingou – Porga – Tindangou – Fada Ngourma   
CU21 277 (CU18) – Boundiali – Tengrea – Kolondieba – Zantiébougou (CU2a)   
CU22 324 Pâ (CU2a) – Dano – Cote d’IvoireBorder – Doropo – Bouna   
CU23 82 CU9 – Dapaong – Korbongou – Ponio – Kompienga – Tindangou (CU20)   
CU24 328 Ghana Border – Palimé – Nosté – Kétou – Illara – Nigeria Border   
CU25 380 Sakonisé (CU2a) – Koudougou – Dédougou – Noua – Djibasso – Bénéna – San (CU5)   
CU26 180 Ouagadougou – Léo – Ghana Border   
CU27 293 Bobo Dioulasso – Fô – Koutiala – Bla (CU5)   

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:04:16 pm
Re: African international systems thread
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2019, 12:22:11 pm »
Are the international TAH / CU routes signed?

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2019, 04:44:56 pm »
Are the international TAH / CU routes signed?
no - I'm mostly only bothered because they spur me to begin places that look like hard work. As I've said at least once, these systems are mostly development corridors (like Appliances Development or High Priority Corridors, or TEN-T core routes) that the international bodies have grand ambitions for it being an Interstate/E Road sort of network one day.

Mozambique would have it's national system done if the international ones hadn't driven me to do it. See also DRC and Angola when I've done them. The other Southern hemisphere African country (we'll ignore that small bit of Somalia), Madagascar, has zero interest to me, but those Atlantic Coast countries do - purely because there's gaps in the international systems (namely the RTR) that I want to fill. Congo, the small islands, etc they were easy small systems, but otherwise the initial drive was these international systems.

The same was true for Europe. I'd either done the E roads for CHM, or had to overhaul when we moved to TM, and thus worked on tier 4 where it was part done. We almost certainly wouldn't have routes in Russia, Asia, etc if it wasn't for the international systems, and can add Malawi, Tanzania, etc to that list now.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2019, 01:04:26 pm »
If the entire international route systems are unsigned but drafted, does it mean that we can add other totally unsigned systems  too? Systems which only exist on maps? Like the potential tier 5 systems for Hungary or Croatia?

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2019, 11:42:42 am »
If the entire international route systems are unsigned but drafted, does it mean that we can add other totally unsigned systems  too? Systems which only exist on maps? Like the potential tier 5 systems for Hungary or Croatia?
There's a large difference here - the international route systems are looking at being signed in the future, unlike Hungary and Croatia tier 5 systems.

And certainly, until they are signed, these systems aren't going to be activated. Their main purpose in being included is to give an 'in' to countries we wouldn't have otherwise bothered with - they might even be removed if plans to sign them don't happen and they are able to be replaced by national systems (which mostly they are concurrent with).

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2019, 04:30:49 pm »
There's a large difference here - the international route systems are looking at being signed in the future, unlike Hungary and Croatia tier 5 systems.

What's the indication of it?

When have the African international routes been defined  / agreed? Recently?

And certainly, until they are signed, these systems aren't going to be activated.

Ok, haven't known. Fine with me.

Their main purpose in being included is to give an 'in' to countries we wouldn't have otherwise bothered with - they might even be removed if plans to sign them don't happen and they are able to be replaced by national systems (which mostly they are concurrent with).

Thanks, I appreciate it :)

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2022, 03:16:27 pm »
Similar to previous questions: What's the story behind the afrrtr - SADC Regional Trunk Roads system? Who has defined them? Are they signed?

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2022, 05:15:46 pm »
Similar to previous questions: What's the story behind the afrrtr - SADC Regional Trunk Roads system? Who has defined them?
Read the thread. Or this wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SADC_Regional_Trunk_Road_Network

Are they signed?
I don't think so, but they've designed how signing them would look and seem to be planning on doing so.

They are staying on preview for now. They may disappear if I ever get round to finishing Angola and DRC's national networks. Or they may have a review requested if they start being signed.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2022, 05:35:26 pm »
Thanks. Fine to me.