Author Topic: NY 85:Points Between NY 140 and I-90 around Albany  (Read 2103 times)

Online Markkos1992

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 06:21:23 am
NY 85:Points Between NY 140 and I-90 around Albany
« on: September 29, 2016, 05:39:26 pm »
First, the point at LaGra Rd is not at an intersection whatsoever from what I see.

Second, I believe a point may be missing on the south side of the State Offices exits.  (going EB on NY 85)

Mark AKA 74/171FAN (Note that this was clinched as a part of my attending the Albany Meet last Saturday.)

Offline cl94

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 03:21:51 am
Re: NY 85:Points Between NY 140 and I-90 around Albany
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 10:13:00 pm »
Going from the above, the point at LaGra Rd should probably be moved to Vista Blvd and renamed to VistaBl or something similar. It's missing a major intersection at Maher Rd. Confirming the above, there should be a point about halfway between US 20 and Washington Avenue for the State Offices exit and the Washington Avenue point should probably be moved up to Lincoln and renamed accordingly, as no exit exists as Washington Avenue.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 11:18:57 pm
  • I like C++
Re: NY 85:Points Between NY 140 and I-90 around Albany
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 01:36:40 pm »
LaGraRd replaced with VisBlvd.
MahRd added.

there should be a point about halfway between US 20 and Washington Avenue for the State Offices exit
I can see why it might have been done the way it was, on "one point per interchange" grounds. I agree, however, that this point should be added. It makes sense to a guy who's spent a LOT of time looking at Texas; I'd classify this as a separate diamond whose footprint overlaps with the (partial) WasAve point to the north.

the Washington Avenue point should probably be moved up to Lincoln and renamed accordingly, as no exit exists as Washington Avenue.
I disagree here. It's essentially a parclo centered around Washington, albeit with a few indirect movements. The entrance loop ramps connect to Washington directly. The offramps are a bit indirect and connect a bit further down the line, but again, it's in a way that makes sense to a guy who's spent a lot of time looking at Texas frontage roads. The westbound exit is even signed for Washington Ave. I'll leave this point as-is.

https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/837
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca