Highway Data Discussion > Solved Highway data updates

IA: US6 His (Durant) - extend east

(1/3) > >>

bhemphill:
This continues east along Kimberly Road to Hickory Grove Road, then down that to Locust Street, then along that to Main Street, where it vanishes into the ether somewhere downtown.  Eastbound signs indicate the turns at Hickory Grove Road, Locust Street, and Main Street.  Westbound signs indicate the turns at Locust Street and Hickory Grove Road.  The westbound sign saying to turn on Kimberly Road west didn't seem to exist, but the signs indicating to go straight over I-280 did, along with a couple reassurance signs on Kimberly Road.  River Drive, 2nd Street, 3rd Street, and 4th Street don't seem to have any indication from any direction of turns at any of them.  I don't remember seeing anything on Government Bridge from the time I went across it earlier this summer either.  I haven't seen any signs around the I-74 construction about Historic 6 being there either.  So I don't know what the intended path is supposed to be to try to guess in downtown Davenport.  The signs along Locust Street have been up for at least a couple of years, but I finally took the time to try following them yesterday.

Highway63:
Here's a potential solution: Extend 6 as you say into Davenport, then down Main to end at River/US 67. The segment along Main would use Business 61's points, since its one-ways are the streets on either side. So, theoretically, this would mean that traveling on Harrison OR Main OR Brady would qualify, but I'm not sure the distinction matters here, especially if there's no signed end.

This historic route segment would not rejoin its parent, but given that we're talking about a historic routing that went to the Arsenal Bridge and was dropped at the end of 1936, I'm fine with that.

si404:

--- Quote from: Highway63 on August 30, 2019, 02:06:30 am ---Here's a potential solution: Extend 6 as you say into Davenport, then down Main to end at River/US 67. The segment along Main would use Business 61's points, since its one-ways are the streets on either side.
--- End quote ---
Concur.

Also rename it from Durant to Davenport?

bhemphill:
Sounds fine to me.  If it ever gets signed to make it turn or end, or Davenport does away with one-way streets as they talk of doing, then we can change it to the new situation.

yakra:

--- Quote from: Highway63 on August 30, 2019, 02:06:30 am ---The segment along Main would use Business 61's points, since its one-ways are the streets on either side. So, theoretically, this would mean that traveling on Harrison OR Main OR Brady would qualify
--- End quote ---
LOL Amarillo! We can break up the "concurrencies" with hidden points. I volunteer to add them nerd-style.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version