User Discussions > Other Discussion

Secondary/alt/temp list files

(1/3) > >>

Highway63:
I was thinking about creating a second list file for myself. This one would only show the interstates that I had been on but was not the driver. It wouldn't have to be a permanent thing, just lasting on the website long enough for me to get the information. I might periodically update it once I drive some of those stretches.

Would it be more efficient to simply make a NEW .list file, send it to Jim, catch it after the upload, and then re-send the old, complete one?

Jim:
Just send in one under a second username.  I think we have a few users doing that.  For example, there's dgolub and golubcar.

There has been some thought to having a category of list files for things like this that aren't included in the rankings, but for now I see no harm in sending in and maintaining a second file.

michih:
I often read about the wish to distinguish routes traveled by driver or passenger. Maybe there could be an option to indicate it in the list file?

For instance:

--- Code: ---# Traveled as driver:
AUT A1 100 123
# Traveled as passenger:
AUT A1 123 160 P
--- End code ---

However, I guess we had to modify site code at many locations (data processing, web).

Is there interest in having the option?

yakra:
I'm not in favor.

Markkos1992:
Me neither, to me it is clinched whether you are a driver, passenger, walker, biker, etc.  I prefer just having multiple list files if someone wants to do that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version