Highway Data Discussion > Completed Highway Systems Threads

usaga: Georgia State Highways

(1/63) > >>

theFXexpert:
I am happy to say that the Georgia State Highways system is now in the works. 110 wpt files out of about 471 are drafted and merged into Github. They should be visible in the HB whenever the next site update is run.

Most of the drafted wpts are bannered routes and some important higher numbered routes like 300, 515, and 520.

-- Notes on development philosophy --

- GDOT signs multiplexes more often than not, roads that are multiplexed with US highways are included
- For bannered routes that I could not easily associate with a location, I left the city and abbreviation fields blank.
- Truck routes are omitted.
- Unsigned 400 series routes are omitted. (With exception to signed GA 410 and 404 Spur. GA 400 is not included since it's currently in usansf)

Currently working on bannered routes in descending order. Then I will draft main routes in descending order.

I am happy to take input on labeling errors and waypoint/shaping point placement and correct them.

-- Issues --

- GA 120 is signed as a loop on I-75 at Marietta but all other signage indicates the main 120 goes on the south loop while a 120 Alt takes the north loop. The source linked below says 120 still goes through Roswell St and doesn't show any bannered routes around the area. I am inclined to follow the surface street signage.

- Many times a bannered state route's parent is multiplexed with a US highway. Is it appropriate to label the endpoints of the bannered route (GAXXBus for example) as GAXX_N or USYY_N? I don't feel like I have been consistent in this situation.

-- Sources (Other than OSM) --

- GDOT GeoTRAQS - data is five years old though

Jim:
The first set should now be live in the HB.  As a devel system, users cannot yet map travels.

rickmastfan67:

--- Quote from: theFXexpert on May 07, 2016, 11:38:08 am ---- Many times a bannered state route's parent is multiplexed with a US highway. Is it appropriate to label the endpoints of the bannered route (GAXXBus for example) as GAXX_N or USYY_N? I don't feel like I have been consistent in this situation.

--- End quote ---

Parent of the bannered route.

theFXexpert:
All of the remaining bannered routes are now on the site. I also fixed some labels in existing routes.

197 / 477 (41.3%) wpt files are now complete. (I found a few extra bannered routes)

The remaining 300 series routes are next to be done.

yakra:
GA17Con:

--- Quote ---- For bannered routes that I could not easily associate with a location, I left the city and abbreviation fields blank.
--- End quote ---
I don't think it's ever been done to have a bannered route without a City Or Abbrev. For my two cents I'm just more comfortable following precedent here, even if the results are imperfect names, somewhere the route doesn't pass through, etc.
Some possibilities include Autney or Warren County...

Interested to hear other CHM/TM veterans' take on this subject as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version