Author Topic: OH: 739 in Green Camp  (Read 1487 times)

Offline osu-lsu

• Last Login:Yesterday at 10:10:04 pm
OH: 739 in Green Camp
« on: August 17, 2018, 07:01:17 pm »
Driving through Green Camp (Western Marion County) today. Our map(s) don't match up with what ODOT has signed 739 in that community.
Waypoint 23 should be at the intersection of Main St & Green Camp-Essex Rd.
(Current) Waypoint 24 should be deleted.
(Current) Waypoint 25 should become Waypoint 24.

Side note concerning the northern terminus for OH 739, in Marion.  Coming north on 739, signage directs one to turn left onto Main St (from Hill/Bellefontaine) then proceed to Columbia St and turn right. 739 vanishes on Columbia between Main and State (State St. being one way NB for OH 4/423). There is no mention of OH 739 SB till one comes upon the intersection of S. Prospect (SB OH 4/423) and Bellefontaine.

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:37:32 pm
Re: OH: 739 in Green Camp
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 09:19:12 pm »
Thanks for catching that. I don't think the routing in the HB has ever been right; GMSV shows the routing you described in 2008, and on historic aerials back to the 1970s that seems to be the busier roadway. Given that signage is standard throughout Green Camp, I don't consider this to be Updates-worthy, so I'll go ahead and change the routing silently unless there's an objection. No one is using any of the points in question.

As for the northern end, I think we're doing the best we can. ODOT straight line diagrams show it ending at OH 4, which is a one-way pair two blocks apart. The signed route follows the routing shown in the SLD. It may have originally started at Center St if this 2013 GMSV is to be believed, which would explain why northbound traffic on State St isn't being directed to it. So I don't think we need to change the end points, although I think the point on Prospect is unnecessary and will delete that.
Clinched: