Author Topic: NV: No NV 171?  (Read 2005 times)

Offline jwood.ok

• Last Login:August 06, 2022, 05:00:58 pm
NV: No NV 171?
« on: March 23, 2019, 03:57:34 pm »
I hesitate to put this here because I'm sure there's a reason for it, but I figured I would ask anyway.  I noticed that there is no entry for NV 171, which is the connector highway from the airport in Las Vegas to I 215.  Apparently it isn't signed on the highway itself, so perhaps that's why it isn't listed as an option, but it does shoe up on the OpenStreetMap overlay, so I figured it was worth asking about.  https://www.aaroads.com/west/nv-171.html

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 12:33:27 am
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
Re: NV: No NV 171?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 04:14:59 pm »
It is indeed omitted for having no posted route number signage. I checked it out while I was out there in October, saw no good excuse to add it anyway. In particular, it's pretty short, unlike much longer airport access roads (like Peña Blvd. to the Denver airport) we've included in the Highway Browser even though they're unnumbered.

Offline jwood.ok

• Last Login:August 06, 2022, 05:00:58 pm
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 04:26:16 pm »
It is indeed omitted for having no posted route number signage. I checked it out while I was out there in October, saw no good excuse to add it anyway. In particular, it's pretty short, unlike much longer airport access roads (like Peña Blvd. to the Denver airport) we've included in the Highway Browser even though they're unnumbered.

Alright, thanks - I was just wondering.  I didn't even realize it was a state highway until I was looking back at a trip I took last year where I flew into the airport and was comparing it to what I had mapped.  At that point I wasn't even using this site so it didn't occur to me to look for signage.

Offline Bickendan

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 16, 2024, 10:17:30 pm
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 09:52:25 pm »
We don't even have Portland's Airport Way in the browser, and I don't really have any intention of adding it (even if I wouldn't mind it there), despite the PDX-I-205 segment being longer than Delta Hwy, which is in the browser.