Author Topic: WY: I-25 BL Buffalo doesn't actually connect to I-25 at the north end maybe  (Read 1774 times)

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 11:38:25 am
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
Figured this one was important enough to have its own thread. I've made it to Johnson County on the WY review, and I noticed that I-25 BL southbound was signed coming from I-90 Exit 56A, not I-25. However, going northbound the BL is signed as it is in HB going to I-25 at Exit 299.

Should I just leave it as is? I'm not exactly sure.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 02:01:03 am
Are there actual BL signs northbound after downtown? Or only to I-25 signs?

I do see this southbound at I-25 exit 299. But of course there's a similar sign at I-90 exit 56A. And reassurance, and signs on I-90 itself. So I'd say there's definitely more signage for exit 56A than 299. Luckily both legs are also BL 90, so we don't have to worry about any segments not having signed numbers.

http://www.dot.state.wy.us/files/live/sites/wydot/files/shared/Maintenance/Maintenance%20Section%20Reference%20Book/2017-MaintenanceSectionReferenceBook.pdf (p. 98) on the other hand says BL 25 ends altogether where it meets BL 90. Which does make a lot of sense logically. But the map on p. 95 has a shield on the leg to exit 56A...

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
That's standard Wyoming practice when the business loop is ~1/2 over or so, all signage changes from BL I _ to TO I _ (yes it kinda makes this hard).

My preference is to move it, I just wanted to put it forward first before making that change in case anyone had any other ideas. And it's signed as a loop, not a spur, so cutting it off downtown wouldn't make sense.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 02:01:03 am
That's standard Wyoming practice when the business loop is ~1/2 over or so, all signage changes from BL I _ to TO I _ (yes it kinda makes this hard).
Sure, but that doesn't mean every to I-25 sign is a sign for the business loop. Hart Street is the best route from the north end of downtown to I-25, whether or not it's BL 25. We should only look at southbound signage on the north half, and the majority of that (as well as official sources) takes it to exit 56A.

My preference is to move it, I just wanted to put it forward first before making that change in case anyone had any other ideas. And it's signed as a loop, not a spur, so cutting it off downtown wouldn't make sense.
The BL 90 junction is north of downtown, and since I-25 ends at I-90, a loop could end at BL 90.

Anyway, I agree that exit 56A makes the most sense.

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator