User Discussions > Other Discussion

Stats restricted to systems/regions/etc of interest

(1/12) > >>

Highway63:
Would there be a way to include the Lincoln Highway in some form? I have a file all ready to go for Iowa, and Illinois is a case of cobbling together segments of existing routes with fine-tuning. It might have to be coded like IA 800 or something, although it shouldn't be counted in a state-route-mileage total. (Nebraska simply slapped the LH on top of existing 30 so it wouldn't be of benefit.)

Duke87:
I am against the inclusion of any National Scenic Byways until we are able to implement a site feature that allows users to switch off systems they are not interested in tracking their travels on so they don't show up on maps or in stats.

Once we've got such a feature, go ahead and make systems for anything anyone is willing to draft. But we really should have such a feature before we go cluttering up maps and stats with systems only some people care about (I'd argue usaush and usanp also fall into this category, but those horses have left the barn...)

vdeane:

--- Quote from: Duke87 on October 01, 2019, 09:29:23 pm ---I am against the inclusion of any National Scenic Byways until we are able to implement a site feature that allows users to switch off systems they are not interested in tracking their travels on so they don't show up on maps or in stats.

Once we've got such a feature, go ahead and make systems for anything anyone is willing to draft. But we really should have such a feature before we go cluttering up maps and stats with systems only some people care about (I'd argue usaush and usanp also fall into this category, but those horses have left the barn...)

--- End quote ---
Agreed.  Heck, the only reason I got involved in clinching things that aren't interstates is because Tim started drafting US/state routes and added multiplex detection, screwing with my maps/stats.  We seem to be getting involved with more and more niche systems, so some means of dealing with what people do/don't want to worry about is only going to get more important.  I can't possibly be the only person who clinches things just to make the map look good or to get certain region/system combos to 100%.

Bickendan:
I actually agree with having a toggle for systems to track.

si404:
you can do it manually (so you have to do it every time), and only by addition, not subtraction, already.

But something to make it easier would be good!

Anyway, this aside aside...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version