Author Topic: FIN E18/Vt1/Vt10  (Read 1681 times)

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 11:18:57 pm
  • I like C++
FIN E18/Vt1/Vt10
« on: December 15, 2019, 12:11:58 pm »
E18/Vt1 and Vt10 don't intersect directly, and the Hameenramppi (EN: "skirt ramp") designation is actually signed.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:45:18 am
Re: FIN E18/Vt1/Vt10
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 07:18:51 am »
Hameenramppi is signed at both ends as (and not as 'TO' with dashed border) the route at the other end of it. It seems really stupid to label these points with "skirt ramp" - ie something that's part of the junction.

I'm pretty sure that what's there currently is per the manual:
There are common exceptions to positioning at centerline crossings, such as interchanges where ramps connect nearby, non-intersecting highways, or where a short access road connects a road to another with a trumpet or similar interchange. In these cases, the waypoints for the same interchange on the separate highways cannot be at the same coordinates. Instead, the waypoints should be where the connecting ramps or access road interchange with each highway.

I'm highly surprised there aren't a load of these threads as this type of junction is relatively common. Add in the trumpet interchange (often off toll roads) and the like and there should be hundreds. I'm wondering how this one ended up being singled out.

Finland needs a periodic overhaul anyway, so I might revisit it - I would want to research the freeway-style sliproad between the two routes and when it closed.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 11:18:57 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 03:08:19 pm »
Fair enough. I wasn't certain what with the translation of the ramp name, but with the road name for Vt10 being Hameentie, I thought I'd toss this one out there.
I'm wondering how this one ended up being singled out.
I was testing out a new datacheck on lab2. On E18, the colocated point with Vt1 was detected, and no colocation with Vt10, so the '0' after "Vt1" was flagged as suspicious.
Changed it to ignore suspicious digits, as there were too many FPs & barely any real errors. It did result in a few other posts, though.
Here's where the datacheck is at now...
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:05:30 am
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 03:05:41 pm »
Is there anything still to do?

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:45:18 am
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 03:33:29 pm »
No. Marked solved.