Author Topic: HEADS UP: We will split France into regions  (Read 13579 times)

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:04:16 pm
HEADS UP: We will split France into regions
« on: October 27, 2019, 03:50:39 am »
We are about to split France into regions to enable further system development and more detailed stats like it's already possible for other larger countries, e.g. UK, China or Canada. We already did this for Germany and Spain two years ago. Their tier 5 systems are active or very close to activation now (only DEU-HE and DEU-MV left).
The Corse region (FRH) will be renamed to FRA-COR.

That means, the FRA and FRH regions will be dropped and new regions FRA-ARA, FRA-BFC, FRA-COR etc will be introduced. Routes which cross regional borders will be split. We currently plan to activate the new regions by the end of October. The user list file entries of FRA and FRH regions will be broken and your stats for these regions will be 0. Other regions are not affected and remain as-is.

@yakra has developed a tool that reads the submitted user list files from Github and replaces the FRA routes by the new routes. The old entry is kept has comment:
For instance, my A1 entries will be changed as follows:

Code: [Select]
##### FRA A1 1 A25
  FRA-IDF A1 1 IDF/HDF
  FRA-HDF A1Pla IDF/HDF HDF/IDF
  FRA-IDF A1LCS HDF/IDF IDF/HDF
  FRA-HDF A1 IDF/HDF A25

My list file had one entry "FRA A1 1 A25" and it's split into four entries now.
You can find the affected user list files here: http://yakra.teresco.org/tmtools_demos/splitregion/20191027/list_files/

For simplicity's sake, we've deleted .lists where there was no diff from the original .list file.

You find your whole user list file from October 27. You can download it, re-submit and use for further modifications.
Or you can go through it and pick up the single lines. Keep or remove the commented original lines. Since the lines are converted in the same order of the original file, it might be difficult to find all lines. You can use the diffs output which highlight the replaced entries only: http://yakra.teresco.org/tmtools_demos/splitregion/20191027/diffs/

Old region:
FRA: France
FRH: Corse

New regions:
FRA-ARA: Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
FRA-BFC: Bourgogne-Franche-Comté
FRA-BRE: Brittany
FRA-CVL: Centre-Val de Loire
FRA-COR: Corsica
FRA-GES: Grand-Est
FRA-HDF: Hauts-de-France
FRA-IDF: Île-de-France
FRA-NOR: Normandy
FRA-NAQ: Nouvelle-Aquitaine
FRA-OCC: Occitanie
FRA-PDL: Pays-de-la-Loire
FRA-PAC: Provence-Alpes-Côte-d’Azur

Edit: Links updated
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 01:49:38 pm by michih »

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:27:44 am
Re: HEADS UP: We will split France into regions
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 08:40:02 am »
I've placed a link to this topic on the main site's message of the day.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 01:40:40 pm »
Since there have been some modifications to FRA entries since October 17, I hope that @yakra can update the files again with a final run just before the new regions will be introduced and the old regions will be dropped. The links above will also be updated.

lists: http://yakra.teresco.org/tmtools_demos/splitregion/20191027/list_files/
diffs: http://yakra.teresco.org/tmtools_demos/splitregion/20191027/diffs/

Let me know if we'll need more updates before the final split happens.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline Bickendan

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:March 26, 2024, 08:55:56 pm
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 05:10:54 am »
Hmm, glancing at the changes made to my .list... the E-Routes weren't hit at all. And they're still intact in my DEU entries (though I manually redid my DEU Autobahns myself).

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 06:26:55 am »
Hmm, glancing at the changes made to my .list... the E-Routes weren't hit at all.

@yakra, can you look into it? You could upload the modified user list files to lab2 and compare the total mileage. Just compare the total user mileage since it would be different if there is anything different. That means, it's not necessary to check the mileage for France, sum the regions. I could also compare it manually if you need help.

Btw: There are some E routes in Northern France without any concurrent route yet (future D routes). There are some in my list file...

And they're still intact in my DEU entries (though I manually redid my DEU Autobahns myself).

The tool is for France only. The German E road entries do not work, see http://travelmapping.net/logs/users/bickendan.log (there are a lot of errors in other regions too)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 06:29:32 am by michih »

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 03:07:14 pm »
Quote from: bickendan.list
FRA E15 BlvdPer Fry
FRA E19 BlvdPer A2
FRA E54 N104 A31
Those were the only 3 "FRA E" lines.
Quote from: bickendan.log
Waypoint label(s) not found in line: FRA E15 BlvdPer Fry
Waypoint label(s) not found in line: FRA E19 BlvdPer A2
Waypoint label(s) not found in line: FRA E54 N104 A31
All are accounted for.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 03:33:01 pm »
You could upload the modified user list files to lab2 and compare the total mileage. Just compare the total user mileage since it would be different if there is anything different. That means, it's not necessary to check the mileage for France, sum the regions. I could also compare it manually if you need help.
I'm confident in the concurrency checker, but this is an interesting idea to test. Doesn't have to be lab2, can be whatever machine.
No need to compare manually; I can set up a simple shell script to grep the user log files. Edit: and stats CSVs.

Btw: There are some E routes in Northern France without any concurrent route yet (future D routes). There are some in my list file...
Hmm? My eure and eurer logs on noreaster from the last time I ran the concurrency checks are blank, indicating that there's nothing unexpected with the concurrencies in these systems.
What routes are these?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 03:47:04 pm by yakra »

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 03:52:39 pm »
Hmm? My eure and eurer logs on noreaster from the last time I ran the concurrency checks are blank, indicating that there's nothing unexpected with the concurrencies in these systems.
What routes are these?

For instance, E44 b/n A26 and A304: http://travelmapping.net/hb/?r=fra.e44&lat=49.932740&lon=3.990440&zoom=10 (I love having the coords in the link :)))

Not sure whether it's still relevant since the E route thing was not caused by your tool.

Offline Bickendan

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:March 26, 2024, 08:55:56 pm
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2019, 05:56:13 pm »
FRA E15 BlvdPer Fry
FRA E19 BlvdPer A2
FRA E54 N104 A31
Those were the only 3 "FRA E" lines.
Quote from: bickendan.log
Waypoint label(s) not found in line: FRA E15 BlvdPer Fry
Waypoint label(s) not found in line: FRA E19 BlvdPer A2
Waypoint label(s) not found in line: FRA E54 N104 A31
All are accounted for.
Ok, good. I'll have to recheck my E Routes and fix my bad tags.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 07:11:01 pm »
You could upload the modified user list files to lab2 and compare the total mileage. Just compare the total user mileage since it would be different if there is anything different. That means, it's not necessary to check the mileage for France, sum the regions. I could also compare it manually if you need help.
I'm confident in the concurrency checker, but this is an interesting idea to test. Doesn't have to be lab2, can be whatever machine.
No need to compare manually; I can set up a simple shell script to grep the user log files. Edit: and stats CSVs.
Stats CSVs and 'Overall in active+' lines in user logs all check out. BOOM!

What routes are these?
For instance, E44 b/n A26 and A304: http://travelmapping.net/hb/?r=fra.e44&lat=49.932740&lon=3.990440&zoom=10 (I love having the coords in the link :)))
Oh okay, we're thinking about the same thing differently. Sounds like:
michih: FRA E44 here is mostly not concurrent with other routes that aren't A44.
yakra: FRA E44 (eure flavor) here is concurrent with FRA-HDF E44 and FRA-GES E44 (eurer flavor).

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 12:03:23 pm
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2019, 04:49:18 am »
FRA E15 BlvdPer Fry
FRA E19 BlvdPer A2
FRA E54 N104 A31
I don't believe that these were ever valid entries (and I looked at chm_final).

They should be (adding in other sections of E roads where there's concurrencies with travelled routes):

##### FRA E15 A16/A26 A3/BlvdPer
FRA-HDF E15 A16/A26 HDF/IDF
FRA-IDF E15LCS HDF/IDF IDF/HDF
FRA-HDF E15Pla IDF/HDF HDF/IDF
FRA-IDF E15 HDF/IDF A3/BlvdPer

##### FRA E15 A6b/BlvdPer 8(A6)
FRA-IDF A6b/BlvdPer 8(A6)

##### FRA E17 A5/A26 A39
FRA-GES E17 A5/A26 GES/BFC
FRA-BFC E17 GES/BFC A39

##### FRA E19 A1/A2 1(A1)
FRA-HDF E19 A1/A2 HDF/IDF
FRA-IDF E19LCS HDF/IDF IDF/HDF
FRA-HDF E19Pla IDF/HDF HDF/IDF
FRA-IDF E19 HDF/IDF 1(A1)

##### FRA E21 A5 A39_N
FRA-GES E21 A5 GES/BFC
FRA-BFC E21 GES/BFC A39_N

##### FRA E50 A10/A6b A6b/BlvdPer
FRA-IDF E50 A10/A6b A6b/BlvdPer

##### FRA E50 A4/BlvdPer A86_S
FRA-IDF E50 A4/BlvdPer A86_S

##### FRA E54 A5a/A5b A5/A31
FRA-IDF E54 A5a/A5b IDF/BFC
FRA-BFC E54Sen IDF/BFC BFC/GES
FRA-GES E54 BFC/GES A5/A31

##### FRA E511 A19/A5 20(A5)
FRA-BFC E511 A5/A19 BFC/GES
FRA-GES E511 BFC/GES 20(A5)

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2019, 05:28:45 am »
Oh okay, we're thinking about the same thing differently. Sounds like:
michih: FRA E44 here is mostly not concurrent with other routes that aren't A 44 E44.
yakra: FRA E44 (eure flavor) here is concurrent with FRA-HDF E44 and FRA-GES E44 (eurer flavor).

Yes. Not concurrent to any fraa, fran eursf or eurtr route. It was in case that your tool didn't deal with E routes at all.
However, that was also the proof that you deal with it since I've traveled E44 and my total mileage in France was and is fine :pan:

@Si/Bickendan:

FRA-IDF A6b/BlvdPer 8(A6)

misses E15 in 2nd line:

FRA-IDF E15 A6b/BlvdPer 8(A6)

btw: 3 or 4 user have already updated their files. I didn't see any lines beginning with "#####".

Offline si404

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 12:03:23 pm
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2019, 06:54:27 am »
btw: 3 or 4 user have already updated their files. I didn't see any lines beginning with "#####".
I've just updated mine. I've stripped out the '##### FRA' lines (and reordered by region, rather than keep the by-route ordering) that the process creates.

Offline dave1693

• Last Login:November 21, 2023, 11:28:54 pm
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2019, 07:41:22 pm »

I decided to keep my old FRA lines in my .list file for now but they are prefixed with only ## (2 bashes instead of 5). They're also in blocks, not interleaved line by line. (I haven't entered more than a fifth of my travels in France yet, awaiting this split and the entry of D routes that used to be N routes back before the A routes were completed. BTW, if anyone can tell me where to find a circa 1978 highway map of France online -- if such even exists -- that would be awesome.)

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2019, 11:58:17 am »
It will go live with the next site update!