Author Topic: usaga: Georgia State Highways  (Read 98294 times)

Offline kjslaughter

• Last Login:March 21, 2024, 09:19:49 am
Re: usaga: Georgia State Highways
« Reply #225 on: December 25, 2019, 09:48:33 pm »
Thanks for the work on Georgia over the holidays!  I'm checking the updates and updating my route log.  Everything looks correct to me.  I can help double check the concurrency end points after they are updated.  I know in Georgia keeping all that straight with all the US highways is a bitch.

Offline ntallyn

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:March 24, 2024, 03:22:47 pm
« Reply #226 on: December 26, 2019, 08:55:45 am »
GA 73 Byp (Statesboro) and GA 135 Truck (Hazlehurst) are both missing from the Highway Browser.

Not sure where GA73 Bypass went off to. I saw that it was done, but now it is missing. I'll take a look at both of these over the holidays (with the concurrency checks and data errors).

Turns out I messed up on my notes on this one. I could find no posted signage for GA73 Bypass. Approaching the 301/301Byp split, I found no signs on GMSV (mostly from summer 2019) from the north or the south. Nor did I see any on the bypass itself, or approaching it from US80.

I'm leaving this one out for now.

Offline ntallyn

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #227 on: December 26, 2019, 09:12:10 am »
...GA 135 Truck (Hazlehurst) are both missing from the Highway Browser.

Fix made locally. Will be pushed later this week.

Offline ntallyn

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #228 on: December 26, 2019, 09:19:15 am »
Thanks for the work on Georgia over the holidays!  I'm checking the updates and updating my route log.  Everything looks correct to me.  I can help double check the concurrency end points after they are updated.  I know in Georgia keeping all that straight with all the US highways is a bitch.

It's an easy time to work on the routes. I'm off all week from the regular job (holidays, not vacation), and the wife (nurse) works 4 out of the next 5. Any assistance/comments are appreciated.

Apart from the GA135Trk route mentioned below and a datacheck error on GA7, everything in the HB is updated with my most recent. After I go through the remaining datacheck errors, I'll start working on the concurrencies. First batch will be state routes only, I'll update the US routes on the second pass.

Nick

Offline kjslaughter

• Last Login:March 21, 2024, 09:19:49 am
« Reply #229 on: December 26, 2019, 10:47:14 am »
GA 73 Byp (Statesboro) and GA 135 Truck (Hazlehurst) are both missing from the Highway Browser.

Not sure where GA73 Bypass went off to. I saw that it was done, but now it is missing. I'll take a look at both of these over the holidays (with the concurrency checks and data errors).

Turns out I messed up on my notes on this one. I could find no posted signage for GA73 Bypass. Approaching the 301/301Byp split, I found no signs on GMSV (mostly from summer 2019) from the north or the south. Nor did I see any on the bypass itself, or approaching it from US80.

I'm leaving this one out for now.

GA 73 Byp must exist as long as US 301 Byp exists as every US highway has a state overlay. :-)  Did some research and GA 73 Byp is on the current GA DOT map of Bulloch County, so I think it should be added.

http://www.dot.ga.gov/DriveSmart/MapsData/Documents/CountyMaps/Bulloch.pdf

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 11:54:00 am
« Reply #230 on: December 26, 2019, 11:15:43 am »
TM has a policy of not including unsigned routes, unless the system is maintained by certain people. In this specific case, I think that's silly because anyone clinching Georgia will drive it anyway as part of usaush.

Offline CharlotteAllisonCDTG

• Last Login:June 28, 2021, 06:49:02 am
  • Transgender Lesbian and Traveler
    • My Wikipedia User Page
« Reply #231 on: December 26, 2019, 11:59:36 am »
Also, the Statesboro city map (http://www.dot.ga.gov/DriveSmart/MapsData/Documents/CityMaps/Statesboro_BullochCounty.pdf) shows GA 73 Byp on US 301 Byp.

On a side note, I had no idea that GA 73 Byp was no longer signed in the city.
Completely clinched:  I-24, I-35W (MN), I-97, I-124, I-126, I-155 (MO-TN), I-190 (SD), I-195 (MD), I-240 (NC), I-295 (FL), I-375 (MI), I-516, I-520, I-526, I-564, I-585, I-640, I-675 (GA), I-895A, US 178, US 276

Offline ntallyn

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #232 on: December 26, 2019, 06:33:15 pm »
...GA 135 Truck (Hazlehurst) are both missing from the Highway Browser.

Fix made locally. Will be pushed later this week.

Pull request submitted. Also cleared datacheck errors on GA routes.

Still need to work on concurrency checks. Any suggestions on an easy way to do those? Or just go through them one at a time?

Offline ntallyn

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #233 on: December 27, 2019, 12:30:12 am »
The above has been merged and a couple more datacheck errors were fixed locally (including the newly introduced DUPLICATE LABEL on US221).

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:04:16 pm
« Reply #234 on: December 27, 2019, 03:08:47 am »
Still need to work on concurrency checks. Any suggestions on an easy way to do those? Or just go through them one at a time?

We have some tools and logs for it: http://travelmapping.net/devel/tools.php

You might open http://courses.teresco.org/metal/hdx/
Go to option 1 on the left and enter Geo, select the US state, not the Asian country.
Press enter.
Wait, the graph is automatically loaded after about 15s (the usaga graph, it's faster with smaller graphs but takes longer with larger graphs, sometimes minutes).
Press "Done" on the left to close the AV table.
Deselect "Show Data Tables" to close the table to the right.
You see a map of Georgia with yellow dots all over Georgia now.
Deselect "Show Markers".
You see a map of Georgia with funny colors now
Select "Show Markers" again, it was just to show you what happened

Zoom in where you wanna check concurrencies. Top left or directly to US routes or whatever.
I recommend GA1 / US27 south of Chattanooga because concurrency is actually broken here (and many times more to the south)
The funny colors are created by lines. blue line = one route, green = two concurrent routes, magenta = 3 etc.
When there is a green line (2 routes concurrent) but interrupted by a dark blue line at visible or hidden wps, it's a sign that concurrencies are broken (dark blue because two standard blue lines are overlapping).
All "non-standard-colors" like the dark blue are possible broken concurrencies.
Check GA1/GA100/US27 south of Cedartown. It should be magenta but it is a mix of green and blue due to the broken concurrency
Just east of Cedartown is a mix of magenta and blue, just 3 routes are concurrent but it should be 4

Click on the lines or markers to get info about the route name and wp labels. It's sometimes difficult to click all routes when they are mostly overlapped.

Extended expert mode (for a second run or regions with less broken concurrencies):

Load HDX as described before.
Open http://travelmapping.net/devel/tools.php in another browser TAB or window.
Select NMP files filtered by region (individual files)
Select the ga.nmp file and download it - not esp-ga.nmp ;)
Open a 2nd instance of HDX
Go to option 3 on the left and select the downloaded ga.nmp file
You can see about 30...40 colored dots on the map now. These are near-miss-points (NMPs). Points very close together.
The points are intentionally off to brake concurrencies (yellow) which are usually marked FP (they will apear green later).
The red points must be checked. These are most likely broken concurrencies or intersecting routes where the wps do not match.
Not matching wps means, that when you are in HB, the other route does not appear as "intersecting route", you cannot directly jump to the other route in HB. This should be fixed to, if the wp is really off by accident. It's possible that the wps are apart by intent though.

Since you only see the points but not the whole network graph, you might need to go to the other HDX instance to get the whole picture. To figure out which routes should intersect, what's going on there etc. For instance, it's possible that the routes are only broken on a very short segment you don't see (or missed) with the "option 1 view style".

Graphs and NMP files are updated with every site update (twice per year the graph generation is suspended when Jim needs it for his students. He notifies the suspension on the forum).

Just ask if you are not sure about details :)

Offline ntallyn

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #235 on: December 27, 2019, 07:54:03 am »
Still need to work on concurrency checks. Any You might open http://courses.teresco.org/metal/hdx/
Go to option 1 on the left and enter Geo, select the US state, not the Asian country.
Press enter.
Wait, the graph is automatically loaded after about 15s (the usaga graph, it's faster with smaller graphs but takes longer with larger graphs, sometimes minutes).
Press "Done" on the left to close the AV table.
Deselect "Show Data Tables" to close the table to the right.
You see a map of Georgia with yellow dots all over Georgia now.
Deselect "Show Markers".
You see a map of Georgia with funny colors now
Select "Show Markers" again, it was just to show you what happened

Zoom in where you wanna check concurrencies. Top left or directly to US routes or whatever.
I recommend GA1 / US27 south of Chattanooga because concurrency is actually broken here (and many times more to the south)
The funny colors are created by lines. blue line = one route, green = two concurrent routes, magenta = 3 etc.
When there is a green line (2 routes concurrent) but interrupted by a dark blue line at visible or hidden wps, it's a sign that concurrencies are broken (dark blue because two standard blue lines are overlapping).
All "non-standard-colors" like the dark blue are possible broken concurrencies.
Check GA1/GA100/US27 south of Cedartown. It should be magenta but it is a mix of green and blue due to the broken concurrency
Just east of Cedartown is a mix of magenta and blue, just 3 routes are concurrent but it should be 4

Click on the lines or markers to get info about the route name and wp labels. It's sometimes difficult to click all routes when they are mostly overlapped.

Excellent overview. I was going to start investigating the HDX today, but this will probably shorten the learning curve quite a bit.

Thanks, Michael!

Offline Jim

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:27:44 am
« Reply #236 on: December 27, 2019, 09:38:46 am »
Wow, that overview of how to use HDX should get its own page in the manual.  Thanks for posting.

Offline michih

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 04:04:16 pm
« Reply #237 on: December 27, 2019, 10:42:56 am »
Wow, that overview of how to use HDX should get its own page in the manual.  Thanks for posting.

yes, I thought the same. Maybe more kind of "best practise" than manual (first). I have it on my list..... After roudj and gbnb.....

Manual: step-by-step to introduce a new highway system
Manual: Peer review procedures

Can you assign the issues to me?

Offline ntallyn

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #238 on: December 27, 2019, 04:33:41 pm »

I was thinking the same thing. Just got a chance to check it out, and the instructions make it so easy.

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #239 on: December 28, 2019, 02:52:20 pm »
My aging computer takes a bit longer to render the graphs, and then pan/zoom around, primarily due to the number of point markers that need to be drawn.
One thing that I find helps:
I first open up the District of Columbia graph, then deselect "Show Markers".
Then I open up whatever graph I'm actually interested in. It renders a lot faster without the markers being drawn at first.
I pan/zoom to the location I want to examine (which goes faster with just the polylines onscreen), and then reselect "Show Markers".

The points are intentionally off to brake concurrencies (yellow)
These look intentional, and often are, but sometimes are not. Best to still look these over too of course, and fix or mark FP as appropriate.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca