Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Updates to Highway Data / Re: AASHTO Fall 2023 Meeting
« Last post by SSOWorld on April 12, 2024, 05:52:59 pm »
Drove OK 152, Kilpatrick and Kickapoo today.  Goog, Waze and OSM have them marked as the new numbers.
Almost certainly one over-zealous editor changing (at least) one of them, then the others got changed thanks to citogenesis.
Goog was in before OSM was unfortunately.
« Last post by SSOWorld on April 12, 2024, 05:52:17 pm »
Side note - Interesting they chose I-344 when OK 344 exists in Tulsa (Gilcrease Expressway)
« Last post by si404 on April 12, 2024, 05:41:06 pm »
Drove OK 152, Kilpatrick and Kickapoo today.  Goog, Waze and OSM have them marked as the new numbers.
Almost certainly one over-zealous editor changing (at least) one of them, then the others got changed thanks to citogenesis.
« Last post by SSOWorld on April 12, 2024, 05:16:20 pm »

Guess what...

No signs!!! (don't expect them for several months. :pan: )

we wait...
In-progress Highway Systems & Work / Re: Texas systems
« Last post by SSOWorld on April 12, 2024, 05:09:42 pm »
Didn't see this.. And it seems yakra has what I posted accounted for, just is mulling what to do with it.  I'll consider this one noted.
Solved Highway data updates / Re: ND: Bismarck Expressway (usasf)
« Last post by the_spui_ninja on April 12, 2024, 02:05:58 pm »
nd.bisexpy would probably be best to match signage.

That's what I thought too, just wanted to see if anyone was particular about the unsigned designation. Will add as nd.bisexpy unless there are objections.
National Road in IL:

Lockport Street in Plainfield west to Wallin Drive

135th Street-Heggs Road-111th Street-Harvey Road (apparent gap in signage due to this split being closed, but Treasure Drive is the obvious connection)

Benton Street all the way across Aurora, with westbound detouring to Downer Place west of State Street

Kaneville Road-Keslinger Road-Schrader Road west from Geneva

zigzag thru Creston on Woodlawn-Cederholm-Main-North-Ridge-Cederholm-West

Lincoln Highway-Lincoln Avenue in Rochelle

There is a split between Ashton and Franklin Grove, with the alternate staying on IL 38 and the original using Brown-Main-Richardson-Track.

Elm-Lahman-Franklin-Gap thru Franklin Grove

Palmyra Road from Dixon to Sterling

IL 84-16th-15th-4th-10th ending at the windmill? in Fulton
More PA Updates in regard to the National Road and Lincoln Hwy.  These updates include the WV portion that splits off of US 40 by the WV/PA Line.  (https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/7329)
In-progress Highway Systems & Work / Re: usatr: United States select tourist routes
« Last post by si404 on April 12, 2024, 01:05:10 pm »
I also think we need to have a detailed discussion about what counts/does not count as "signed", especially when signs are sporadic or follow multiple alignments, as well as "what counts as a sign?" For several of these auto trails, the main markings are paint or stone/concrete, not standard metal signs, and these nonstandard markings are clearly intended to serve as reassurance/directional assemblies in a way that EMMs or blade shields are not. This is especially relevant for the Lincoln Highway, because there are a crapton of painted shields and concrete markers along the route that people use for wayfinding, but other notable tourist/historic routes in the US are marked primarily with paint. Before the US Route system, paint and concrete markers were the original shields and were used as shields are used today, so I would argue that they should be grandfathered in, as some of the auto trail associations have been trying to maintain some semblance of historical accuracy with their signage.
I've definitely counted painted signs (eg on telegraph poles), wherever I found them, but the concrete posts are usually useless for wayfinding (pretty small, especially the 'L' bit painted on, and many of them blending into the background, if not actually hidden in foliage or behind something) and so I've often not considered them as valid signage to extend a route/create a new route when drafting. Places where they make a big deal of them tend to count - not least because they tend to have bigger L signs pointing out the little post.
The 1913 route follows (going east to west) US 250 from Wooster to Ashland, US 42 from Ashland to Mansfield,

Specifically, the 1913 route splits from the route we have in TM at Jefferson Road and crosses U.S. 250 to Silver Road/TR 4, before joining U.S. 250. It follows OH 96 into downtown Ashland, turns left onto Claremont Avenue, and then joins U.S. 42. The 1913 routing as shown at https://www.lincolnhighwayassoc.org/map/ leaves U.S. 42 at TR 1455, but that turn is not signed because it quickly leads to a gap where the original roadbed is long gone. Instead, the signs follow the "second generation" route that leaves U.S. 42 a little further down the road at TR1688, which quickly rejoins with the 1913 route. It continues straight along Windsor Road back to U.S. 42. In Mansfield, the route supposedly turns onto 4th Street, but I could not find any signs at or near that turn.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10