Author Topic: NE: S57A extends a bit further east  (Read 10654 times)

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Yesterday at 01:38:28 pm
  • THE Western SD Highway Nut
NE: S57A extends a bit further east
« on: November 24, 2021, 07:16:06 pm »
Went through central NE today, and S57A extends all the way through Gandy to the end of bottom curve at the Y-intersection (point "145Ave"? That's what the signage says on the ground.).
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 10:45:11 am by yakra »
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
Re: NE: S57A extends a bit further east
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 12:16:19 pm »
Is this sign no longer there?
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021, 03:54:11 pm »
Is this sign no longer there?
I don't remember seeing it, and the reassurance shield going west at 145 Ave still is.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. - G.K. Chesterton

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 10:45:01 am »
I'll hold off on making any changes until there's confirmation the End State Maint sign is gone.
Signage is a big part of, but not the whole, picture. Maps and the 2020 Log Book are unanimous on the end at the W limits; I'm inclined to treat the shield at the E limits as a missing TO. I can see travelers making it as far as the End Maint sign, saying "OK, I'm done here", and turning around.
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline the_spui_ninja

• TM Collaborator
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2021, 03:48:34 pm »
Fair enough; I was surprised that there wasn't one of those end state maintenance signs where the road turned gravel (where that WB shield was). In all honesty, the sign at the west edge of Gandy probably got shot to bits in the nine years between 2012 and now and NDOT just doesn't care enough to replace it (either that or I was completely blind driving in). The lack of pavement change at the west end was probably NDOT doing Gandy a favor, and the contractor probably just stuck an S57A shield at the east end of town due to a miscommunication.

Half of that is speculation, but it's all I've got to go on.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 03:52:40 pm by the_spui_ninja »