Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Updates to Highway Data / Re: AASHTO SCOH USRN 2022 Meetings
« Last post by Markkos1992 on Yesterday at 07:45:13 pm »
I may be able to check on US 258 BUS (Farmville, NC) in a week or so if I follow my current route plan for the Smithfield's Chicken-N-BBQ trip with my mom.

Still posted fully along with NC 121 as of yesterday.

This is not surprising...US 70-258 Bus is still (as of summer 2022) posted in Kinston despite being axed in 2020.

Looks like the US 258 BUS Deletion affected NC 121 after all (https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?msg=2920508).
Updates to Highway Data / MD: MD387 point request
« Last post by Mr_Matté on Yesterday at 07:15:51 pm »
In Annapolis, may I request a point on MD387 at Hilltop Lane (38.96686,-76.51294)? I did happen to turn onto it at that location over the weekend and also seems logical as Hilltop is the end of the divided portion of Forest Drive (former MD 665) and is a shortcut towards the capitol/Eastpoint from there.
I recently had a PM asking why mexd is not being updated. Can we please get this taken care of?
Updates to Highway Data / Re: MI: Add Points
« Last post by shiggins on Yesterday at 03:13:48 pm »
Right turns are actually permitted directly from U.S. 24/Telegraph northbound onto Business U.S. 24/Square Lake. That corner of the intersection has been rounded off quite a bit to permit right turns (Contrast it with how pointy the opposite corner of the intersection is.), and you can see from the wear/rubber accumulation on the pavement that quite a lot of people turn right there instead of at Franklin.

A small piece of evidence in favor of extremebandman's argument that Franklin ought to be treated as a separate intersection: The signs directing people to turn right on Franklin say TO Business U.S. 24, while the "TO" is omitted from the signs for the southbound jughandle.
Updates to Highway Data / Re: MI: Add Points
« Last post by mapcat on Yesterday at 12:57:15 pm »
I still don't understand your request. How were you shortchanged? You followed the signs because if you had proceeded past Franklin Road, making the turn would have been illegal. Franklin is  acting like a ramp, so it seems very odd to me that you would not naturally just use the point associated with the intersection.
Updates to Highway Data / NC: NC 16 TRUCK (Newton)
« Last post by Markkos1992 on Yesterday at 10:14:51 am »
Routing is as shown on Google Maps via Note 35 of the NC 16 AARoads Wiki article.

Basically, it takes NC 10 to US 321 BUS (Conover) to 20th St back to NC 16 BUS (Conover).

Updates to Highway Data / Re: ROU: DEx16 + DN1Y opening
« Last post by panda80 on Yesterday at 09:53:57 am »
Updates to Highway Data / Re: ROU: A0 opening
« Last post by panda80 on Yesterday at 09:53:48 am »
R41:
R41 is not signed along R500 to N14. The signs at N14 have R41 in parentheses or don’t mention it at all, and the signs at R500_S don’t mention R41 turning north.
Whe: Should be Rd6.
TamRd_E: Should be TamSt_E.
Wikipedia and Google Maps say R41 stays on Tambotie/Van Riebeeck/6th to R28 and then has a brief concurrency. The RDDA says there is no concurrency at R28, and OSM has the route we have in TM. There are no signs with route numbers at any of the four intersections in question, so I guess we might as well leave this as it is.
Missing a point at M67 (Corlett Avenue) between R558 and NickTooBlvd.
M18: Should be M10.
I think the eastern terminus of R41 is wrong. While the route we have in TM matches Google Maps and Wikipedia’s route description, the RDDA and OSM have R41 following Marshall Street and Anderson Street to Simmonds Street, and then becoming R29. Signs on Sauer Street (one block west of Simmonds) match this latter routing, and I couldn’t find any signs matching the former.
R42:
While the RDDA, Wikipedia, OSM, and Google Maps all agree that R42’s southwestern terminus is R59, R42 is not signed at all along the 6.6-mile stretch south of the Gauteng/Free State border, despite the presence of numerous signs that should mention R42.
+X768763: Could be replaced by a visible point at this road signed for Vaal Eden.
Missing a point at M1 (Frikkie Meyer Boulevard) between R57 and AndPorBlvd.
AndPorBlvd: Should be M3.
Missing a point at R716 (Ascot On Vaal Road) between AndPorBlvd and R59_E.
RhoAve: Should be GenHerRd_W.
+X545973: Could be replaced with a visible point at this road signed for Schikfontein. (There may be a road number attached to the bottom of the sign, but I can’t make it out.)
Consider adding a point at the intersection of H.F. Verwoerd Street and Louw Street (between R23 and N3). Louw Street is signed as an R42 truck route.
M63: Is not M63. Should be 3rdLn.
R43:
AlbSt: Should be AlbSt_S.
+X927847: Could be replaced by a visible point at Hawston View Road.
GeoVilSt: Should be GeoVilRd.
In Hermanus, R43 is signed onto Royal Street and Lord Roberts Street.
PeaBea: Should be MainRd.
+X192107: Could be replaced by a point at this road signed for Buffelsjagsbaai.
While what we have in TM for the eastern terminus of R43 matches OSM, the RDDA and Wikipedia don’t clarify where exactly R43 ends. R43 is signed in parentheses (northbound only) at RatRd_N and without parentheses (northbound only) at the next road to the west. The first southbound signage is at PeaBea.
R44:
R365_W: Should be R365.
R365_E: Is not R365.
Sau: Should be HoofWeg_N or HoofWeg_Sar.
HoofWeg: Should be HoofWeg_S or HoofWeg_Wel.
LicRd: Should be R312.
+X165087: Could be replaced by a visible point at Suid-Agter Paarl Road/Kuilenberg Road.
+X368159: Could be replaced by a visible point at Valley Road.
SteAir: Should be AerRd.
OldMainRd: Should be R102.
R45:
CampSt: Should be KampSt.
R45 may have been rerouted to bypass Vredenburg to the south. The western end of the new alignment (which predates the completion of the eastern section of the new alignment) is not currently signed to indicate R45 turns, but the new interchange with R27 is signed for R45. One sign at the new intersection near the eastern end of the new alignment says R45 turns north to resume its old alignment, but the sign on the opposite side of the intersection does not indicate that R45 turns. The other signs at the intersection indicate that R45 continues straight onto the new alignment. The old intersection with R27 remains signed for R45 over 3 years after the completion of the new alignment. Regardless of whether R45 gets split into two routes or merely rerouted, the now-orphaned piece of old R45 alongside Langebaanweg Air Force Base will need to be dealt with.
R46:
+X268827: Could be replaced by a visible point at this road signed for Riebeeksrivier.
+X684338: Could be replaced by a visible point at Hermon Street.
Tul: Should be StaSt.
+X390885: Could be replaced by a point here, at VanDerStelSt.
Wol: Should be VooSt.
+X546603: Could be replaced with a visible point at Swaarmoed Pass Road_W.
+X680543: Could be replaced with a visible point at this road signed for Droëhoek.
+X770651: Could be replaced with a visible point at Swaarmoed Pass Road_E.
R48:
R704: Should maybe be split into two points. Though the RDDA and Wikipedia say R704 ends at R48, it is signed into Koffiefontein.
+X191365: Could be replaced with a visible point at this road, which I think is S583.
Rel: Should be S572.
+X114545: Could be replaced with a visible point at S1158.
Pet: Should be VisSt.
+X144669: Could be replaced with a visible point at this road signed for Rooipoort.
Kar: Should be CarRd.
R348: I think we should add a point on each side of R348, where through traffic on R48 would briefly leave it.
Trail of Tears:

begins on US 76 in Ellijay GA
both ways on old US 411:
going north on old US 411, staying with US 76 but crossing US 411 to SR 225 ("Roundup Route"). The roundup route goes south to end at Craigtown Road, and north to where? It seems that signs disappear in favor of Georgia's Old Federal Road.
going south on old US 411, I can't find any more signs.

More to come?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10