Author Topic: WI: US 12 one-way pair in Fort Atkinson  (Read 2103 times)

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:57:37 am
WI: US 12 one-way pair in Fort Atkinson
« on: June 30, 2019, 10:36:43 am »
Who wants to deal with this? :)

Offline SSOWorld

• Last Login:Yesterday at 09:35:08 pm
Re: WI: US 12 one-way pair in Fort Atkinson
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 10:00:28 pm »
What's wrong with it?
Completed:
* Systems: DC, WI
* by US State: AR: I&; AZ: I; DE: I; DC: I, US, DC; IL: I; IN: I*; IA: I, KS: I; MD: I, MA: I, MI: I; MN: I; MO: I*; NE: I; NJ, I; OH: I; RI: I; SD: I; WA: I; WV: I; WI: I,US,WI; (AR, IN pending expansions.)

*Previously completed

Offline neroute2

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:57:37 am
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 03:02:44 pm »
It's another Watertown, NY.

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:36:37 am
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 03:21:16 pm »
Specifically, it appears (from OSM and GMSV) that only westbound US 12 traffic follows the route mapped in TM, crossing the Rock River on the Main Street Bridge. Eastbound traffic apparently follows a different route across the river, via Robert St. and S. 3rd St. West. Neither Main St. nor Robert/3rd St. are one-way streets, just they seem to each carry only one direction of US 12.

I'll let @Highway63 figure out how to handle this. In a somewhat similar situation involving US 12 in Illinois, I suggested leaving things alone even though only one direction of traffic followed the routing in the HB. That might not work here, since WI 106 may now intersect US 12 in two places several blocks apart.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 08:41:31 pm by oscar »

Offline Highway63

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 16, 2024, 01:40:37 am
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 02:26:48 am »
Hmm. Is it significant enough, as in separate enough, enough of a distance, and important enough as a route, that it should get its own little file?

Complicating things is that WI 26 also seems to be a split route, simultaneously on South 3rd Street and Main Street (the old WI 26 route) while also on Robert Street and Madison Avenue between the S 3rd/Robert and Main/N 3rd/Madison intersections. My current routing of Business 26 uses South 3rd and Main.

If I made a us12busfor (or us12busfta) that used Robert and South Third, and also did an Alt Bus WI 26 using Robert and Madison, would that clear things up, or make them unnecessarily messier?

Offline oscar

• TM Collaborator
  • TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 01:36:37 am
    • Hot Springs and Highways pages
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 07:55:21 am »
Complicating things, from my standpoint, is that when I clinched all of US 12, from Washington State to Detroit, my travel through Ft. Atkinson was eastbound along Robert and 3rd Streets. My preference would be to avoid separate US 12 routes through Ft. Atkinson, unless the main route followed Robert and 3rd Streets. Some other user, who traveled US 12 in Ft. Atkinson from east to west, might feel differently, as would travelers on WI 89 and WI 26 Bus that connect to US 12 at Main St.

EDIT: I didn't realize, until I left my hotel this morning, that this day's travels (basically most of US 18 in Wisconsin) would take me within a few miles of Ft. Atkinson. I took that detour, and traveled both the southbound and northbound US 12 routings in Ft. Atkinson. So however this gets resolved, I'm covered.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 10:31:09 pm by oscar »