Author Topic: KY 921 label  (Read 1801 times)

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 13, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • I like C++
KY 921 label
« on: October 04, 2019, 01:51:49 am »
ChaTurRd -> BraRd?
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:09:32 am
Re: KY 921 label
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 09:30:35 am »
https://github.com/TravelMapping/HighwayData/pull/3213

Okay, I've got to know what you were doing when you happened to discover this, and how this label got flagged. It doesn't appear to be connected to any of your recent grepping (the error came from whoever originally drafted this route accidentally using the name of one fork of the intersecting road instead of the other, not from any deviation from the manual).
Clinched:

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 11:51:36 am »
I was grepping for cases where Turnpike Rd had been shortened to TurRd. (See also: MT SR210)
Which is fine where it's part of the name, not the road type. I just wanted to see.
There were of course tons of false positives, for Turner Rd etc.
To get a quick-n-easy map of each one, I stripped the WPT lines down to the OSM URLs only, and then tossed them at firefox, opening 60 tabs at once:

for URL in `grep TurRd */*/*.wpt | sed 's/.\+\(http:.\+[0-9]\)/\1\&zoom=16/' | sort | uniq`; do firefox $URL; done
Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca

Offline mapcat

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:09:32 am
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 03:42:21 pm »
So then you looked at each of those maps to see if the names matched the roads? I'm not complaining; you were correct (I checked KYTC photos since there was no GMSV for the area) but eyeballing all those intersections seems like a lot of work for a small payout.

Clinched:

Offline yakra

• TM Collaborator
  • I like C++
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 09:22:57 am »
So then you looked at each of those maps to see if the names matched the roads?
Yup. Firefox was fired up to point right at each waypoint, at a useful zoom level. Pretty much just had to keep my eyes at the center of the screen and repeatedly hit ctrl+F4.

I'm not complaining; you were correct (I checked KYTC photos since there was no GMSV for the area) but eyeballing all those intersections seems like a lot of work for a small payout.
I was considering renaming the Turnpike Road waypoints on NH US2 & 4, and Old Turnpike Road on US202, and wanted to check in and see how "Tur" vs "Tpk" was handled in similar situations.
(Heh. But look what else I did barely 3 hours earlier...)
Like I've said... my relationship with the project is not always the most healthy one... :)

Offline compdude787

• TM Collaborator
  • Last Login:February 09, 2024, 02:19:30 am
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 04:34:23 pm »
This has been solved, right?